Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Introducing myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself...

Hi!

I'm hoping to be the doctor in our family!

I'm applying for med school in a couple of years after I finish my undergraduate degree in pharmacology. I don't know for sure, but I'm planning to do a pediatrics residency, and eventually work in a peds ward in a hospital (I don't think I want the paper-work involved in a private practice). I am joining this board now because I'm also a newlywed (our wedding was just over 2 months ago). So then I can learn all about how to survive medical school and still keep a healthy marriage!

From the few other posts I've read this seems like a very nice, and very supportive board! I've also been on the student doctor network lately, but that board seems much less friendly.

Are there many people on here who are or whose spouses are just aspiring doctors?

Any advice right off the start on how to keep our marriage a priority throughout school?

Welcome SusieQ....I also have had med school aspirations....though I'm not sure how solid my plans still are after completing residency and fellowship with my dh...we have three small children, so everything is on hold until they are older...then I'll reevaluate!

I think this is a fun place and there are a lot of really supportive people here...we are all at different stages in the training process and different places in the medical marriage and everyone is really supportive.

Welcome to the group...

Kris

Comment

Welcome!

Your goals are truly admirable! Best of luck! It is great to see both sides of the medical marriage talking about their respective views so it is great to have you here! Welcome aboard.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on your marriage! Marriage is an exciting adventure and I hope it is everything that you had hoped. I have been married for 11 years now (boy does that make me feel old!) and we have 4 boys ranging from almost 10 to 2 years of age. My husband is a 4th year med. student and it has been a bumpy but interesting experience. I look forward to getting to know you better.

As far as advice on the healthy marriage. I think the key is communication. If you are always open with each other and work through things then you won't have any major problems. A marriage takes a lot of work but it is so worth it! Again Congrats and welcome to the group!

Robin

Comment

Welcome to the board! I hope you are enjoying your newlywed days and nights! Congratulations!! I am also a newlywed! We were married almost two months ago. As I'm sure you have gathered from this board and others, the medical marriage is a fun and unique experience! I am the "non-medical" half of our marriage while my husband is a 3rd year resident. Again, welcome & I look forward to chatting with you!

Comment

Hi,

I'm in a similar boat as you, and here for similar reasons. Welcome! Might I also add that I found MomMD (http://www.mommd.com) has some useful information about balancing med school and family- would actually be useful for anyone with a doctor in the family!

Comment

Welcome SuzyQ! We're glad to have you! My husband is a 3rd year med student at KCOM. We are currently living in Michigan for his clerkship rotations. I thought I was also in for a pediatric residency .....until he went through anesthesiology last month and LOVED it. So, I guess we'll see what happens!

We look forward to getting to know you... and hopefully your husband (isn't that fun to hear right after you get married?!) as well!

Wendy

Comment

Working...
              X