Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Going to Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Arizona

Hi, I'm probably one of the newer members to your group--I am not quite a medical spouse...yet. My husband was just accepted to the D.O. school in AZ and its looking like that is probably where we will end up, unless he hears more from the MD schools, since they are a little slow this year. Anyway, I am a nurse, and will luckily be able to work wherever we go. We have no children yet, though we are hoping to soon. Does anyone out there live in AZ or know anyone at AZCOM? Well, i will probably be writing more as time goes on. I'm sure next year at this time I will be a regular visitor to this site!! I think what you do is wonderful!

Hi, welcome to the boards! This community has several DO spouses, nurses, and a few people who are familiar with the AZCOM program. But even more than that, everyone here is going through different aspects of their own medical adventure. As for me, I am the wife of a second year general surgery resident in St. Paul, MN and the mother to a precocious soon-to-be two year old. Everyone is wonderful here and we are glad to have you. Where do you hail from originally?

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome-

This is a good group of people who all understand what you might be going through. (Someone will have experienced whatever it might be!)

We're in San Antonio, where my husband is a 2nd year Army Peds resident.

It's nice to work in a field that is transferrable. I work with adults with developmental disabilities and have never had a problem finding a job!

Welcome again-

Jenn

Comment

Welcome to the group! This is a really supportive community...everyone here is great.....I know that Rachel is in Arizona and that her husband is in DO school....I don't want to go out on a limb and say it is AZCOM, but I think it is...I'm sure she'll be able to give you a lot of insight!

Welcome...I look forward to getting to know you.

Kris

Comment

Hi there ! I am in Arizona and my husband is a 4th year student at AZCOM. We are going through the residency interview process right now. Congrats on the acceptance! Where are you living right now?

If you have any questions about AZCOM or living down here just ask. I would be happy to help out in anyway possible. I am sure that you will have no trouble finding a job in nursing here.

I do medical transcription at home while babysitting a little girl and keeping up with my four boys. We love living here and will be sad to move for residency. We feel very comfortable here though I could do without the HOT summers! They are something else! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Robin

Comment

Hey jbuddy!

I am in Arizona. My fiance is in this last year @ AZCOM w/Robin's husband. I love it here! Honestly! When I first came to AZ, I hated it. You see, I came from Los Angeles and thought it was the best place in the world. It took me about 2 years to realize it was not. Arizona is cool b/c there's way less traffic, cost of living is lower, and there's actually clean air. Plus, it's a growing city and you will find work here. Hope that helps! Feel free to ask me any other questions.

-Rachel

Comment

Hey jbuddy! Welcome to the group! My husband in Dave- a 3rd year at KCOM. I'm also a nurse. We're looking forward to getting to know you.

Just a small word of advice-- have an answer ready for all those people that will ask you if you're going to be your husband's office nurse. I wish I had a dollar for everyone that's asked me that!

Wendy

Comment

Working...
              X