Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi! I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Lynn, a SAHM of two girls, 3 and 6 yo. My husband is finishing his fellowship in Nephrology. He is in the Air Force stationed at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. We are looking forward to Paul's schedule easing up a bit when he becomes staff. We will see about that!!

I was trained as a social worker and Family Therapist, but chose to stay home once we had children. Now I volunteer at Amanda's school and at my church as a "Worship Coordinator." You can give yourself a fancy title when you work for free.

I look forward to getting to know everyone on the boards.

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Welcome! I think you will enjoy the people here and find support when you need it. My husband and I left San Antonio last summer -- he did his OB/GYN residency at Wilford Hall/BAMC. We are at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls now -- we still miss San Antonio a lot! How much time will your husband owe? We have three boys aged 7, almost 4, and almost 8 months. Funny coincidence -- before we moved up here, I was a "worship assistant" at my church! I got paid, though.

Hope to see you post often!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Lynn,

Welcome to the group. We sure have a lot of people here from TX! I also went to high school/ugrad in TX...we lived in the DFW area. My husband recently completed residency and an ID fellowship and we have settled down in MN.

We have three children (7,5, and 3) and my daughter's name is also Amanda...though her nickname is Finny and that's really what she goes by now.

I have my MS in mol biology but I'm also a sahm right now; though at times I admit that I struggle with the isolation. This is a really great group of people...they are very supportive and understanding.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Kris

Comment

Welcome to the boards Lynn. I am a SAHM too but also do medical transcription at home. My husband is finishing med school here at the end of May and we are heading your direction. He is doing his residency at Univ. Tex. San Antonio in anesthesia. I have never been to Texas so we expect it to be an adventure. We have four boys ages 10, 7, 5 and 2.

Hope to get to know you better.

Robin

Comment

Welcome Lynn!

I'm a sahm too. We have two sons, Wesley(9) and Jonah(20 months). My undergrad is in ElEd with a specialty in PreK-Kindergarten. I'm working on my Masters In Reading Ed. My husband soon will be beginning his last year in Family Medicine! He went to New Jersey this afternoon to go to a Chief Residents' Seminar for Friday and Saturday. So, it looks like I'll be going solo to Wesley soccer functions again!

The people are wonderful! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Christy

Comment

Hi Lynn,

Welcome. I'm Luanne, I'm a nurse, I have two children, one in high school and one in college. My husband is a Pulmonologist, also with two children (one in high school & one in college!!!).

We live in New Jersey. This is a great site for support.

Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome. This sounds like a great board, and I look forward to reading more about you guys.

Lynn

Comment

Lynn,

Jump right in...this is a really supportive group of people!

Kris

Comment

Hey Lynn-

Welcome- and come and visit on the military spouses board, too!

We're ALSO in San Antonio, my husband is a peds resident. He's Army. (but lives at Wilford Hall most of the time!)

Jenn

Comment

Welcome Lynn! Although I'm a medical spouse, I have no idea what nephrology is/does! Nonetheless, you will find kindred souls here who are going through similar experiences. Welcome to the boards!

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                    X