Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

WooHoo, Leslie, sounds like a great Orlando vacation! Are they paying for it too? Go and have a great time..I don't know how the weather is in Boston, but in MN, we just had SNOW yesterday This winter is getting OLD!

You've probably read my intro, but I'll recap...I'm currently the sahm to three children ages 7,6 and 3...I recently earned my MS in Mol Bio and am searching around for different opportunities to work part-time for the next few years.

My husband just finished his fellowship in ID and we've only been out of residency a little less than a year (but trust me, it's like labor...once it's over, you forget most of it pretty quickly! )

I look forward to talking with you. We've got a great group of men and women here...

Kris

Hi, my name is Leslie. I am so glad I found medicalspouse.org. I only wish I had found it about seven years ago. My husband is currently finishing his 3rd year of residency in anesthesia at Boston Medical Center. As of July 1st, he will become Chief Resident. He has recently signed a contract to stay on, after next year, to do a fellowship in Cardiac/Vascular Anesthesia. We have two children, a son 11 and a daughter 2. My husband was a pharmacist first and then decided to go to medical school. A few weeks before my 40th birthday, and three days before he was starting his internship in general surgery, I found out I was pregnant. Talk about starting your life over! It's been tough, but we are sailing right along. I work three days a week in an office. The rest of the time, I am juggling everything else around.

I read through some of the introductions. I read what some people had to say about anesthesia residency. I have no clue where the terms "lifestyle specialty," "family friendly," or "good lifestyle" came from. I will respond to some of the other posts about anesthesia residency.

I am so glad I found these message boards. I have been looking for some support for ages, and feel like I have finally found it.

My husband has to attend the American Society of Anesthesiology Conference in Orlando this coming week. He has Chief Residency Training. They are putting him up in the Hilton Disney Resort. We are going with him! YAY!

Leslie

Comment

Leslie,

Welcome aboard! I'm chuckling about your little pregnancy surprise! Life has a way of changing all our plans, doesn't it. While I have heard that your dh's residency is allegedly somewhat easier, it is a residency nonetheless and takes a hearty sort to survive it. Anyway, I'm glad that you made your way here. I look forward to meeting you.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
      X