Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

another male spouse intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another male spouse intro

Hello Everyone

Thought I'd say hello...we are off to residency soon and I want to stay in touch with others in similar circumstances...

My wife is an Internal Medicine resident and my BA is in Anthropology. I plan to have a DR in front of my name in a few years, but until I gain residency in Florida I'll be working in the computer industry. I've many years experience in network security and have (thank God) a job lined up already.

Anyways, hello everyone....

Jason

Welcome Jason-

Residency is a unique experience. It's an odd lifestyle that only those who have gone beofre can truly appreciate. Read through some of our older posts for the reams of advice!

This is a fabulous place to vent, so bring it on!

Jenn

Comment

Jason,

Welcome aboard! I hope that life in Florida is treating you kindly. (I'm in Minnesota so I'm VERY jealous! ) Seriously, we are always glad to have another kindred spirit drop by. Just jump on into the conversation!

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Welcome, this is a great place. I look forward to getting to know you. We live in NJ, my dh is a Pulmonologist, I am a Nurse.

Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Jason,

Welcome to the group. I am an electrical engineer married to a physician with a specialization in anaesthesiology.

By all accounts residency can be somewhat gruelling -- particularly for women. My wife had already been through part of it when we met and got married. For anyone starting out, this is a good group to help you both get through it.

You may have noticed that males are in a bit of a minority here (at least a present). Kris can provide you with my email address (and possibly one or two others) if you want to supplement the group discussion with the occasional one-on-one email.

Good luck with the challenges ahead.

-- Steve

Comment

Welcome to the group....My husband just finished residency and fellowship and we are almost one YEAR out of training...I can hardly believe it. When you are standing at the bottom of the mountain looking up at the training years it seems overwhelming....but after the first year it goes by fast. Is there a University nearby where you will be able to pursue graduate work? What area are you considering going into?

We're working at trying to put together some resources for the guys so if you all come across anything or would like for us to add something, please let us know.

Again...Welcome!

kris

Comment

Welcome Jason. I am also new here. My husband is going into his 4th year of Residency in Anesthesia. He is going to be Chief Resident this year, and then he is doing a fellowship in cardiac/vascular anesthesia. I feel like I still have a long haul. This is a great place to find people who are in the same boat that you are in. Keep posting!

Steve,

Is your wife an attending Anesthesiologist now, or is she still a resident? Where does she practice?

Leslie

Comment

Hi Jason! Welcome to this great group! I have entertained notions of going for the PhD at times but I think I am going to stop while I am ahead at the MA! I don't think my program wants to deal with my procrastination anymore! My hubby is starting his 4th year of gen surg residency. *2 more years* -not that we are counting or anything! Then we have a possible fellowship and military payback to look forward to. I am so thankful for this board!!! Welcome again!

Comment

Working...
                X