Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm new here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new here.

I am so glad to find this group. My name is Jeanne. My husband is in his second year of practice as an Orthopod. We have 4 kids, 6, 4, and 1year old twins. Been married 14 years and so far going into practice seems the most stress producing. Didn't see THAT coming.

Thanks.

Jeanne

Welcome,

This is a great place for support. I am Luanne, my husband is in private practice, Pulmonary/Critical Care. I am a nurse, and we have 4 children between us. There are several sets of twins here!!!!

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome, Jeanne!

I am glad you found us. I am Sally, wife of an OB/GYN who has been out of residency for a little over a year. He is in the Air Force, paying back for the four years of support Uncle Sam gave us through med school. Less than three years to go!

I stay home with our three boys, aged 7, 4, and almost 1. We live in north Texas (and don't really enjoy it) but are originally from Indiana. We hope to settle permanently in the midwest. We have been married for 12 years. You will have to fill us in on the stressful aspects of going into practice -- I have a sneaking suspicion that it will be stressful for us as well.

I look forward to getting to know you better. This is a very supportive place -- I am glad you are here!

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Welcome, Jeanne!

I am Janet, and my husband is a radiologist only three years out of residency. We live in Western Canada. We have twins girls, age three and a half. I know what you mean. It is nice to have an increased income, but there are so many, many expenses involved in starting up. It makes my head spin when I think about it or put it down on paper. And it's an adjustment to not have your work reviewed. I know that my dh felt very vulnerable in that respect, and is just now gaining the much needed professional confidence that comes from being out from under the supervisory wing. It was something he did NOT see coming, so it hit him quite hard.

Welcome!

Janet

Comment

Nice to meet another mom of twins! I have four children in all: a five year old boy, twin three year old girls, and a seven month old baby. My husband is in his second year of a five year radiology residency here in Boston. Once again, nice to meet you!

Jennifer

Comment

Jeanne,

Welcome to our group! You have been through the entire medical journey? I think that sainthood is emminent! Seriously, welcome to our group, there are spouses here in all the different stages in the process. In your case, it sounds like you, Janet, Kris, & Luanne (all attending spouses) can be a sounding board for one another on the perils of starting out.

I look forward to getting to know you below. Please feel free to just start chatting away!

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Jeanne,

Welcome to the board. I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing your advice of surviving getting out of residency. My dh is in his internship year of a 4 year anethesia residency. We are in San Antonio as of July 1st. We also have four children but no twins. You must be a very busy mom!

Again welcome...

Robin

Comment

Hi Jeanne-

Welcome to the group. You find plenty of people to commiserate with about just about everything.

My husband is a third year peds resident. He's in the Army and owes Uncle Sam 7 years after training. So- starting his own practice isn't something on the horizon! (and he wants to get out of medicine and brew beer, anyway!)

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X