Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hello again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again!

Hey everyone! I found IMSN right before C started medical school and it was such a wonderful resource and community for me. Then I got distracted and stopped participating but it seems like you all get that.

Well, I

Originally posted by JustRightKelly View Post
    Hey everyone! I found IMSN right before C started medical school and it was such a wonderful resource and community for me. Then I got distracted and stopped participating but it seems like you all get that.

Well, I
    Great to see you back! Tapatalk is cutting off posts. To post on a mobile device, go to www.medicalspouse.com/forums for now. There is a mobile site. I’m trying to figure out Tapatalk.

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

oh shoot, haha. well that wasn't much of a reintroduction. Let's try this again.

After my husband C finished up med school in Tampa we moved to Minneapolis family med residency. It was wonderful, we made some of our best friends there and though there were some tough times I'd say it was an overall positive experience. After that C did a fellowship in Northern MN and we eventually moved to Northern WI for his attending job that he started last month.

While in MN I started working for a software company remotely and it's the best thing to ever happen to my career. I absolutely love my company, love what I'm doing and see myself doing it for a very long time. Since our company was already 100% remote, not much changed due to covid and that steadiness was very comforting despite the rest of the crazy.

We bought a house in February and got 4 chickens and 2 ducks and are doing lots of yard projects - building a fence, putting in a hot tub, building a chickducken coop and garden - and just really enjoying ourselves.

Anyways, it's great being back. i've deactivated my facebook account so I don't have to see my family and inlaws political posts and because I just need a break. I still want some connections though so I was hoping this forum could provide that outlet as it did almost 10 years ago.

Glad to be back and can't wait to see what's up with everyone

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by JustRightKelly View Post
        oh shoot, haha. well that wasn't much of a reintroduction. Let's try this again.

After my husband C finished up med school in Tampa we moved to Minneapolis family med residency. It was wonderful, we made some of our best friends there and though there were some tough times I'd say it was an overall positive experience. After that C did a fellowship in Northern MN and we eventually moved to Northern WI for his attending job that he started last month.

While in MN I started working for a software company remotely and it's the best thing to ever happen to my career. I absolutely love my company, love what I'm doing and see myself doing it for a very long time. Since our company was already 100% remote, not much changed due to covid and that steadiness was very comforting despite the rest of the crazy.

We bought a house in February and got 4 chickens and 2 ducks and are doing lots of yard projects - building a fence, putting in a hot tub, building a chickducken coop and garden - and just really enjoying ourselves.

Anyways, it's great being back. i've deactivated my facebook account so I don't have to see my family and inlaws political posts and because I just need a break. I still want some connections though so I was hoping this forum could provide that outlet as it did almost 10 years ago.

Glad to be back and can't wait to see what's up with everyone

Kelly
        I removed half of my Facebook friends in a rather random way. I just want to reduce my Facebook. I foresee closing it this year.

what type of computer job do you have? Great that it’s remote!

things have been quiet here since the forums broke a month ago. I think it will take time for people to find their way back. Hang in there. We’re working on getting Tapatalk set back up!

kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hi! I was a newbie on this site ten years ago. Welcome back. Congrats on the job. That's fantastic you got something for you after the slog of medicine.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

-L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Hello again. I found this group not long after we got married. Our 20th anniversary is coming up!!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
            X