Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

Hi. My name is Evelyn and I’m married to a hospitalist. We live in Illinois and have 3 girls under 5. I am currently a sahm but I am an RN and am hoping to go back to school someday to become an np. I thought I could balance school and motherhood, but I think that will have to wait.

My husband has a very flexible job. He works one week on and one week off. This has been amazing for our family, especially because medical school and residency were so awful for me. With covid, he has had to work longer shifts and we have felt much more stress.

I hope to meet others that are in relationships with doctors. It is a unique life.

Hi Evelyn, I’m Kris. My husband is an ID doc and we live in the Midwest. We have 5 children between the ages of 14 and 26. I’m old. LOL. My new baby is my 1 year old Morkie-poo.

How long have you been out of residency? Do you know what kind of work you would like to do as an NP? My mom is an fnp working in geriatrics. Ironically, she is 76 and still works full-time. She is dedicated.

Can I ask you where you heard about us? We’re happy to have you join!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Welcome!
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Thank you. Still looking around.

Comment

Welcome. I'm also currently staying home with our three kids who are 10, 7 and 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Welcome!! This site has been so helpful for me throughout the years!
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome, I'm Luanne. We are in NJ, my husband is Pulmonary / CC / IM and I 'm an NP. I work with my husband, our practice is half pulmonary half primary care. My children are grown and my oldest daughter is my office nurse!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Hi Hermione,

Welcome to the boards! We look forward to getting to know you! I took ten years off to SAH and am just a few years back into a career. I hope you find what you're looking for here!
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome! This site has some amazing people!
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                  X