Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hi... finally delurking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by lilponygirl
      How many years does ortho take? I don't really know much about that specialty.
      Most programs are 5 years with some adding a research year to make 6. If he wants to do a fellowship it will be more. It is one of the more competetive specialities.. lucky me. DH has been checking his email compulsively. Good luck with peds. We have friends that are doing peds. He pretty much has heard from all his places while we're just now getting movement. Are you looking to stay in StL?

Comment

Originally posted by heidi
        Don't worry Davita, more interviews will come. Did you apply here?

You can get my number from Julie if you want to chat. It's okay, I like stalkers!
        Thanks Heidi. I will get your number from Julie as long as you're really cool with stalkers. We didn't apply to SC. We mostly applied west and midwest (some east, but nothing costal). We really want to go back west and figured we rather stay here than move somewhere totally different again. We have family in Kansas and Ohio (altho my gma in OH is nuts). DH is worried that he's shooting himself in the foot by applying to mostly "top" programs and to only 34. We'll see. His advisor told him to apply to less but we were too nervous. Still nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by jesher

Jlynnb and I know someone who did PedsCards in Cleveland. I think they're in Oregon now. His wife had a PhD ... so calimomma ... don't feel bad about "not using your degree".

Plus - your degree and earning it are part of who you are today. It gets used.

Welcome. I'm glad you de-lurked.
          Thanks. I know and I'm really glad that I finished. Sometimes it gets used too much expecially on my kids.

Comment

I just got here too... welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Froggie
              I just got here too... welcome
              Thanks. I love frogs too. My son has 2 firebellied toads, they're really mine tho.

Comment

I am new to the forum as well, it is nice to chat with people who can relate. I am engaged to a 4th year med student who is actually out of town now because he has an interview tommorrow in Rochester, NY. How are the interviews going for your significant others?

Comment

Hey jetgal, start your own post in the Introductions forum and tell us a little more about yourself. Glad to have another Virginian in the house!

Comment

Working...
                  X