Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Its been awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been awhile

Its been about a year since I have been on these boards. Thought I would check in, say hello, and catch up. Are there any duke people around?

welcome...again!

Comment

welcome back!!

Comment

Welcome!

We aren't in the Duke area, but my brother is a big Duke basketball fan! Does that count?
        Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

It TOTALLY counts! duke hasn't been getting a lot of love lately. . .[/i]

Comment

We love cosmic. We used to go to the one in new york when we lived in the city. I actually went to that one before I went to the one here in durham. This one is a bit sketchy at night. DH says it adds to their charm. He was a duke undergrad too, 2001.

Comment

Yeah, he was VERY Happy to be there for the championship. He is a HUGE duke fan, not just of basketball, but of the university/medical center. When he was on night float the last time, he would keep his schedule on the weekends, so I went with him once to cosmic at like 3, I wouldn't go again because of the people loitering outside. Funny since I was never afraid to go places in NY

Comment

I know about that cranky! He is on night float this month too. . .not fun. It was worse when I was recovering from surgery and he was on night float. I didn't get to see him EVER, I was alone ALL the time AND I had to take care of him (make him dinner and stuff). Well, I suppose I didn't have to, but I felt I should. Anyway, it was HORRIBLE. This is his last month of it though.

Comment

does your husband have to do a lot of call/ night float? I imagine so. That must be so difficult.

Comment

good lord! Q3? That is terrible. And 5 more years? I feel for you. I have three cats, so you are talking to the wrong person about a cat lady. I think its sorta normal to have conversations with them Who doesn't talk to their pets? Especially spouses who are alone a lot?

Comment

I am working at duke doing legal research with an econ professor. I am in public policy. I would like to get back into practicing law, but now isn't the time. What were your majors? maybe you knew him or his wife (the professor I am working with)?
                      Believe me, I voted against nifong. I really hope that he is brought before the state bar committee on ethics. Hes really pushed the limits of ethical behavior imho.

Comment

well, if you were an econ major and had a certificate in healthcare management, you definately know him! Professor Sloan? He is a funny guy. DH was a chemistry major (one class short of double major in math). Hubby in that area?
                        There are few people around here who don't at least thing nifong was not doing the right thing. And most people think is a complete moron. On election day, there were a bunch of hunky college-aged boys outside the polling place with cheek signs. Probably the only election that would ever happen at!

Comment

Sorry to interrupt but count me as another one who thinks Nifong is scum of the earth.

For some great reading (albeit enraging) on Nifong's misconduct, have you seen the Durham-in-Wonderland Blog? Here is the link: http://durhamwonderland.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome back, lmc05! It's good to have you here.

I have to admit that we are Tarheel fans :!

Originally posted by uvagradk
                            Sorry to interrupt but count me as another one who thinks Nifong is scum of the earth.
                            Count me in, too!

Comment

I hadn't seen that website. looks pretty good, I will have to read it later. I never really got the whole Tar heels hate duke and duke hates tar heels thing. I understand rivalry, but its ridiculous down here!

Comment

Working...
                              X