Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

HI! Ohio-an here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI! Ohio-an here!

welcome!

i just looked at your website. LOVE your puppy...the ears are awesome.

hope you post often!
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Welcome!!! My grandparents live in Dayton and Columbus.

Comment

Cavaliers are adorable.

Good luck researching your residency options, but never forget that the Match can have a mind of its own.
      Alison

Comment

Welcome! Even though I only lived there this past summer, I loved Denver. So, I, of course, think based solely on location Denver would be a fab place to be for residency.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome, take a look at this thread for abbreviations.

http://www.medicalspouse.com/forums/vie ... hlight=pgy
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

My DH is looking into general surgery and he is also interested in Denver, so I would also be very interested in some info about it! By the way, great website!! Hope to hear from you soon!

Comment

I used to live in Denver. Areas around the tech center are not ghetto. I suppose maybe you could find some part is? Nothing leaps to mind. And it depends on how exactly you define DTC....but there are some very nice areas of Greenwood Village that would be well out of the price range of residents.

I would stay away from parts of Aurora. Aurora is huge but not all of it is "ghetto". Since the university hospital is/has moved to the Fitzsimmons campus (in Aurora), that would cut down on commute time. The area around Fitzsimmons is sketchy. I don't know if that has changed.

Comment

I too used to live in the DTC. There are great areas around there but you would be quite a ways away from the hospitals there.
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Good point -- not a fun commute to or from DTC. Unless there is a community program out there? Aurora is huge and sprawling and could be a long commute as well.

Comment

Huh? Fitzsimmons is close to Stapleton. Stapleton is not so close to DTC. I'm pretty sure the hospital at Fitz is open -- and has been for almost 2 years, in addition to the existing campus on 9th and Colorado Blvd.

Getting sketchy? It always has been. Stapelton is a huge urban redevelopment project going up on the former airport. The housing prices there are probably on par with, or lower than, other areas of central Denver. We knew a lot of professionals who moved there before we moved. They were happy when they moved but I'm not sure what they think of it now.

The area within Stapleton is one thing, the area outside another. Same thing for parts of Lowry (another urban redevelopment project).

Comment

That could be about Stapleton. I don't know. I think that having difficulty in selling could be partly attributed to continued new building. Why buy a house that is 2 years old when you can buy one that is brand new?

Are you thinking University of Colorado residency? If so, location-wise, Castle Rock and Loveland would be out. That would be a horrible commute. Depends on which part of Littleton. And Highlands Ranch would be a way to go as well. We know a resident who lived in Highlands Ranch but she was ok with a long commute. (I don't know much about the community programs that might be closer to some of those locations).

Silly question -- have you compared a resident salary to what a mortgage payment would be?

Comment

Planning is lots of fun - but remember that you'll have very little control over where you end up. The match is an evil beast, and lots of folks have been surprised about where they get to do their time (I mean, spend residency). I wouldn't spend too much money on your fact-finding trips just yet ... you've got until Match Day 2008, right? Of course, visiting friends is always fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X