Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

An international medical spouse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An international medical spouse!

Hi everyone I am finally saying hello after lurking on and off for a few years now. I feel that I have more in common with you all now as my husband is going through the residency application process in the US. We are Canadian but we have been in Ireland for the past few years as my husband is in med school here. He is applying to EM and has a few good interviews now which is a big relief especially as an IMG! We are 30 (him) and 29 (me) and have been together for nearly 11 years (eek!) and married for 8.
    This board has already given me a lot of comfort through this journey of medical training and I am very excited yet apprehensive about the residency stage and moving to yet another country!

WELCOME!!

Comment

Welcome bugs! I'm so glad you finally decided to join. I'm going to have to pick your brains in two years because my fiance will be applying as an FMG. It's nice to have you here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

WELCOME!!!!!!!

Thanks for finally introducing yourself!!!!

Please tell us more about your story when you can!!
        Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

hi and welcome!
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Hello! Good luck on your interview adventure!
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

welcome!!

Comment

Welcome! You will love this site!

Comment

Welcome! We've got a couple Irish members and a couple Canadian members these days -- and several folks who came in as FMG's.

Best of luck!

Comment

Welcome!

I'm one of those Irish members. I met DH when he was in med school there (he's American). Now we're living in the U.S. We've just been through the green card process and it only took 4 months.

Where in Ireland are you?
                      Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                      Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Glad you decided to join us

Jodi

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcomes guys!
                          I noticed there were other Ireland based or ex Irish members after I posted the other day, thats interesting. We are in Dublin. We are quite lucky with our citizenship situation, I am dual Canadian and British and DH is dual US/Canadian, makes things easier both for here and the planned move to the US, though I wil probably be asking around for advice on the green card process for me.
                          I look forward to getting to know you all.

Comment

Where did your husband go to med school here sp2809?

It sounds like being a surgery resident spouse is the hardest of all, I hope I get off a little more lightly if DH gets into EM!! The med school years have been crazy though, maybe you found the same sp2809, as whenever there is a lull in school he dissappears off to do electives in the States, or is applying for residencies, writing the boards, its like double the workload!

Comment

Originally posted by bugs
                              Where did your husband go to med school here sp2809?

It sounds like being a surgery resident spouse is the hardest of all, I hope I get off a little more lightly if DH gets into EM!! The med school years have been crazy though, maybe you found the same sp2809, as whenever there is a lull in school he dissappears off to do electives in the States, or is applying for residencies, writing the boards, its like double the workload!
                              He went to med school in Cork. We met 8 months before he graduated so I missed the travelling over and back for electives. I was just in time for the interview process though. He was travelling to and from the States for interviews. Of course I didn't know a thing about residency then. It's difficult to do when you're in another country. EM seems like a good choice.
                              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Working...
                              X