Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Coming out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming out....

I decided TODAY is the day I will do it. I am ashamed to admit this but I have been lurking for 3 maybe 4 years now. So, I will lurk no-more. My motivation you ask? Well, I have to say that in the past years I have really come to regard this site as a lifesaver. I have learned so much from all of you and have totally understood your pain, frustration and joys. So after thinking about what everyone has contributed to my life, coming out is the least I can do. I must warn you, however, I do think that I will post much. It is, I must say, a little intimidating. Whenever I think to add to a thread, someone usually has my same point of view/thought as is always far more articulate. Regardless, I wanted to come out of the shadows and introduce myself. My spouse is finishing up training. I never thought this final year would happen. After 4 years of residency and then fellowhip....I think I am more scared than excited about finishing up. All our married life has been med school, residency and fellowship. It is almost as if I have been institutionalized and now I am being set free. Anyway, all this to really say....THANK YOU for helping me through this time.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Welcome, welcome, welcome. We're always happy to have a kindred spirit. RE: posting something that has already been articulated eloquently by another member. Hey, that never stops me!

Please jump right in and share your experiences, joys, and pain. BTW, CONGRATS on finding that light at the end of the tunnel.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Glad to have you! and at least post enough to get up to 50 to join us in the geriatrics wing! That's where we discuss bon-bons, champagne and orgasms.

(or, more likely- contracts, lawyers, time, etc.)

Jenn

Comment

I can't believe anyone could wait that long! Wow!

Glad to have you, jump in anytime even if it's just with:

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Welcome!
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

WELCOME!!!
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

welcome!!

Comment

Welcome! I'm glad you finally joined. It took me a long time too before I decided to take the plunge and I haven't looked back at the old lurk days.
                    Cristina
                    IM PGY-2

Comment

Welcome, please post often. I am the opposite, I joined the first day I found the site.I hope we get to know you soon.
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Welcome!! It feels good to delurk.

Comment

Thanks Everyone! I told myself that now that I am "out" I will post at least once each time I check the site. There...I said it...now it must be done.
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Luanne said:
                            I joined the first day I found the site.I hope we get to know you soon.

Well after Kris helped me w/ a few technical glitches...I just had to join...I was almost in tears when I found this site...I didn't believe it at first...Could I have really come across a site that was EXACTLY what I fantasized about needing??!! (notice how I said needing and not wanting)
                            If lurking was your thing...good...but now your ours bawahaa...JK post away and don't worry if you aren't a fantastic speller or grammatically correct...it's getting your say that matters!! Great to have you here! Congrats on " heading into home plate"

Comment

Welcome,
                              I am also a long-time lurker, recently de-lurked and still getting used to posting but have come to no harm yet!

Comment

Working...
                              X