Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Trouble registering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble registering?

I have a friend trying to register for this site and they're having trouble. It tells them that they have to have a referral due to problems with accounts in the past being created to spam. I gave her my username but she still can't get into the site.
    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

I'm not sure, is she using a work computer?
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

She's registering from her personal computer. I gave it a shot for her from my end but I got the same error as she did.

Registration denied, this forum runs an active policy of not allowing spammers. Please contact us via the "Contact Us" page link if you believe this is in error
      I'm going to forward her the contact page but I'll fill it out for her too. She's registering from Sudan on the Cairo time zone so not sure if that is what triggered it. She's an OB-GYN there and she's coming to the States to join her husband and also take the USMLE's.
      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Is she joining or her husband, I'm confused?
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

She's joining. Her husband isn't interested in these kinds of things very much.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Is she a med-spouse or a physician herself? (Sorry, I'm just getting a little lost here) If she is looking for physician-advice, there are better forums for answering her questions.

Comment

She's an OB-GYN and a nice friend. I don't think she's looking for anything in specific. I also recommended another USMLE forum to her for more physician specific questions that my Husband uses from time to time.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I would guess the domain she's trying to register from has spammed us in the past and its going to take an admin override to get her in. Most of them are scarce this time of year so you'll probably have to PM someone.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cinderella View Post
                  She's an OB-GYN and a nice friend. I don't think she's looking for anything in specific. I also recommended another USMLE forum to her for more physician specific questions that my Husband uses from time to time.
                  Truly, I don't know how much support she'll feel around here being the doc and not the S/O or spouse.

Comment

I'm sorry. It's my mistake. I've only been here just over a year. It is the international Medical Spouse Network, so I guess that means only spouses or significant others should probably join here. I thought I'd read that the doctors in our lives sometimes read here too even if they don't comment much. I went ahead and explained the situation to her and apologized for my ignorance. She understands and doesn't want to make anyone feel uncomfortable so she doesn't wish to pursue registering now. Sorry if I made anyone here feel uncomfortable.
                    Last edited by Cinderella; 07-16-2012, 03:21 PM.
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

I don't know if anyone is uncomfortable, per se (I'm not, anyway), but just that she might not feel the love with as much as we, ahem, "vent" about docs.

The docs that do read and/or comment occasionally here are either A.) married to a doc, too, or, B.) asked by their spouse/SO to chime in on something.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                        I don't know if anyone is uncomfortable, per se (I'm not, anyway), but just that she might not feel the love with as much as we, ahem, "vent" about docs.

The docs that do read and/or comment occasionally here are either A.) married to a doc, too, or, B.) asked by their spouse/SO to chime in on something.
                        Same, this is all I was saying. The few docs who do pop up now and then never end up staying long, probably for the reasons dd explains. There can be times where we are a little down on medicine, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Ya I understand. I think she does too. She's pretty laid back and cool. I just thought her personality would have really fit in here and maybe she'd have something to add but I got it.
                          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                          X