Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Private Forums Access Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Forums Access Request

I am tip-toeing here. I finally reached 100 posts, but it did take me four years or so. I completely understand why you limit access to the private forums so if you don't feel like you know me well enough and want to give me a new goal I will work towards that. I am really trying to make an effort to be more active and actually post things instead of just reading all the threads. I think this site is a great resource and with a new baby on the way as well as interviews, the match, and residency looming in the next year or two for us I think I may be looking for some additional support. Thanks for your consideration.
    Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

*hugs* I remember when I hit 100 posts and worried that maybe nobody wanted to let me in! It's not that way at all. The mods just have to notice that someone has hit that post count, and folks do slip under the radar. Almost everyone has to go ahead and pipe up.

Hopefully a mod or admin will see this. If not, I think a PM to PrincessFiona, Sheherezade, poky or BonBon might get you going?
    Alison

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
      *hugs* I remember when I hit 100 posts and worried that maybe nobody wanted to let me in! It's not that way at all. The mods just have to notice that someone has hit that post count, and folks do slip under the radar. Almost everyone has to go ahead and pipe up.

Hopefully a mod or admin will see this. If not, I think a PM to PrincessFiona, Sheherezade, poky or BonBon might get you going?
      I can't do it; it has to be an admin. I believe Vanquisher is one. And yes, unfortunately, there's no flag when a person's post count hits a certain point. I had to pipe up, too.

ETA: Congrats on finally making 100 posts! Hopefully it won't take four years to reach 200.

Comment

Congrats and I had to private message moderators so maybe you can do that?

Comment

I added you. I put you in Pediatrics, is that correct?
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

As long as we're on the subject, I should probably be moved from pediatrics to the residency one, as the gf is no longer in med school.

Comment

Originally posted by McPants View Post
              As long as we're on the subject, I should probably be moved from pediatrics to the residency one, as the gf is no longer in med school.
              I went to do this, and it looks like it's already been done. Let us know if there are any problems!
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                I added you. I put you in Pediatrics, is that correct?
                Yes, that is correct. Thank you very much.
                Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                  I went to do this, and it looks like it's already been done. Let us know if there are any problems!
                  It has indeed. I remember PM:ing one of the admins and not getting a response or access a while back. Seems it must have gotten done at a later date simply. My mistake.

Comment

The mods just have to notice that someone has hit that post count.
                    In that case, I'm getting close.
                    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                      In that case, I'm getting close.
                      Your training in Fred has served you well!

There might actually be a time frame in the guidelines as well, a month or two? But you'll be in like flynn (not that anything terribly exciting happens in the more closed forums, though pediatrics and colonoscopy sound like they might be fun places to be these days.
                      Alison

Comment

There might actually be a time frame in the guidelines as well, a month or two? But you'll be in like flynn (not that anything terribly exciting happens in the more closed forums, though pediatrics and colonoscopy sound like they might be fun places to be these days.

Yup, the 100 post count isn't the only pre-req for admission to the more private boards. It's not anything hard and fast, but just until we feel like we kind of "know" you. It's not personal, at all. We've all done it. The medical community is a REALLY small one so this is just to preserve some semblance of privacy for our members. You'll appreciate it once you're there, I promise.

Also, your posts have all been really substantive, which helps a ton. It's obvious you're not posting random crap just trying to boost your count.

Comment

Ha, I've posted more than 100 a day in Fred before, I think!

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                          Yup, the 100 post count isn't the only pre-req for admission to the more private boards. It's not anything hard and fast, but just until we feel like we kind of "know" you. It's not personal, at all. We've all done it. The medical community is a REALLY small one so this is just to preserve some semblance of privacy for our members. You'll appreciate it once you're there, I promise.

Also, your posts have all been really substantive, which helps a ton. It's obvious you're not posting random crap just trying to boost your count.
                          No worries - I just saw this thread pop up and thought I'd get on the radar, just in case!
                          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
                          X