Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Possible to change your name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to change your name?

Just curious if it is possible to change the posting name. It doesn't really fit..

Originally posted by lonelywife View Post
    Just curious if it is possible to change the posting name. It doesn't really fit..
    What would you like it to be? I should be able to change it for you.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Thanks

spaz

Comment

Done!
        Sandy
        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Can I change my name too? I'm realizing that I am one of the few with my real name, and I'm guessing there is a reason most people use handles....
          Can I be Cleave instead? ANd change my location from Austin to Texas? Thanks!

Comment

Mods have to change your name but you should be able to change the location in your settings
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleave View Post
              Can I change my name too? I'm realizing that I am one of the few with my real name, and I'm guessing there is a reason most people use handles....
              Can I be Cleave instead? ANd change my location from Austin to Texas? Thanks!
              Your name's been changed. You should be able to change your own location; let us know if you can't.
              Sandy

Comment

All good. Thanks much for the help. Now, on to post 90 more times so I can reach 100!

Comment

FYI, it's kind of a "thing" around here that we're not huge fans of post-padding to reach 100 ASAP. The 100 is your minimum pieces of flair. Do you want to do the minimum? Or do you want to express yourself?

No, but seriously, hang out and get comfy. We just want to have a feel for you as a human being. You'll appreciate that modicum of privacy too, and it will come sooner than you think. (I agonized over the post count minimums when I joined...that was almost 10 years and 5,000 posts ago. )
                  Alison

Comment

Yep - medicine is an itty bitty world and once you gain access to some of the private forums you will see that we really do let it all hang out.

So, the 100 post minimum really mean 100 substantive posts. But, feel free to start something over in the debate thread.
                    Kris

Comment

Thanks! I think I get it. The main reason I haven't had 100 posts yet in the three months since I joined was because I read a number of threads but didn't have much to contribute to them. And I didn't want to jump in to the main fray till I did have something useful to say. (I'm usually shy the first hour of parties too...) So I'm not intending to pad, but to gear up to throw myself in, even if I feel shy. (And I usually start by introducing myself to other new folks, so I have been hanging out and reading and meeting the new people...)

Comment

PS Nice Office Space reference. (We watched that the day the Internet company I worked for shut down in the 2000 tech bubble implosion. There was a delicious irony to being fired and watching that. And, as I recall, drinking tequila.)

Comment

Just jump right in! Our 100 post minimum is meant to provide a layer of privacy. You will appreciate it once you are there! There are plenty of other threads to contribute to (or feel free to start your own!)

Welcome aboard.

Kris
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Cleave View Post
                            PS Nice Office Space reference. (We watched that the day the Internet company I worked for shut down in the 2000 tech bubble implosion. There was a delicious irony to being fired and watching that. And, as I recall, drinking tequila.)
                            D'oh. >.<
                            Alison

Comment

Another relative newbie here wondering if I can change my site name. I'm realizing how small the medical world (esp in DH's specialty) is and realize that I would like more privacy since I'd like to stick around and post more. Can I change it to rain_dancer?
                              PA and wife of a PGY2 in neurosurgery. And "cat-mom" to the two sweetest cats anyone could hope for.

Comment

Working...
                              X