Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Hijacked links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hijacked links?

Hi team,

I'm having an occasional issue when I click on a thread (usually from the "new posts" view) and instead of taking me to the thread, I'm getting phishy ads about updating my browser. Usually when I close them and re-click on the thread link it goes through ok. I'm pretty fanatical about preventing/detecting malware and viruses, and not clicking/downloading anything I don't trust. I'm scanning on my end and not finding anything. Don't worry, it won't drive me away, but I thought you should know in case there's anything you can do on the other end.
    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

This is good info. Please let me know if this continues!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

On my iphone I can get to the thread but then it goes to an outside advertisement and then links to the App Store. I have to shut down to get back on.
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Oh, and the link is redirect.moblepartner
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Hijacked links?

I get redirects online to the App Store all the time from websites. I've never experienced it here, though.

Comment

I haven't had this happen at all in Firefox or on iPhone with Tapa. Any specific pages of threads? Just curious. Wondering if it could be something that's attached to the post.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Hmmm, it was most threads this morning. I only have the issue on my iPhone so I figured it was my device.
              Tara

Comment

No issues on tapatalk
                Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I probably don't experience it here because I mainly access the site via Tapatalk.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
                    I probably don't experience it here because I mainly access the site via Tapatalk.
                    Same

Comment

Just figured out what this thread was referring to. This has happened to me several times this week but I didn't pick up on it until right now. I keep the site open in a tab in the background of my computer all day. A few times this week I've looked at Chrome to see one tab was oddly advertising a game or something. I close it and then notice that iMSN is gone. I kept thinking I closed it myself at some point but now I'm realizing that the site is somehow being diverted to an add site. No correlation on which links I've clicked, though.
                      Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

Hm. Tapatalk people haven't seen this, and I haven't seen this...but I have adblock set up, so my guess is that it's an ad or ads on the site that's managing to hijack the site? I don't know anything about how the ads work or how they're set up...Kris, is it possible there are "bad" ads in there doing this?
                        Sandy
                        Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I haven't paid much attention but I do think a few times the site diverted it was to some kind of online game play site...like a medieval game or something? I'll pay more attention next time if it will help.
                          Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

I haven't seen it either through Tapa or Chrome. (I still use chrome because of the enter key issue on IE)

Comment

I only use Chrome, so that's where I've seen it. It's off and on though, it seemed to peak a couple days ago.
                              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                              X