Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Disappearing Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Posts

I responded to a few threads today but as soon as I did, they disappeared...anything I can do to fix that? Thanks!

I am having a hard time on my computer and my iPad as it goes back to old versions of the discussion. So it may not have disappeared. I keep having to clear cookies and log out and do that several times before I can see new replies. It is weird

Comment

Me too, on both PC and iPhone.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm having the same problem on iPhone and iPad.
        I'm just trying to make it out alive!

Comment

It's a new caching problem; seems to have started yesterday afternoon. I haven't had time to look into what might be causing it or how to fix it, and probably won't till this weekend. I don't know if any admins did any updates or made any settings changes that might have caused it (if so, undoing the changes should fix it), but it appears to be cross-browser (happening to me on both chrome and IE, at least)

I've worked around it on my desktop in chrome by doing the following: It's a horrible, cludgey work-around, but it works.

1) right-click on a blank part of the page, click "inspect element". This should bring up a bunch of code at the bottom of the browser window.
          2) find the gear icon near the upper right of the new section of code, click it
          3) check the "disable cache (while DevTools is open)" checkbox on the screen that comes up
          4) close the settings popup with the x in the upper right.
          5) Leave the code screen open (you can click and drag near the top of it to make it smaller and less annoying).

Tapatalk is still working properly, too.
          Sandy
          Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Thank you, Sandy! No rush - I appreciate the workaround!
            Laurie
            My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

If other admins who have more access and a little time to look into this are reading this, I did find this thread that might be relevant:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...grade-to-4-2-2

I know it's caching related, and it seems to be on the server, not in a particular browser, so it's either something in vBulletin or on the web server itself (in which case hostgator may need to get involved).
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I'm definitely having the Lastpost problem. I'm also having a problem where the "New Posts" button doesn't generate a new search, but just reloads an old search. Thank goodness it isn't likely to be a server database on the fritz, but it's kinda annoying...hope a fix is found!
                Alison

Comment

As an update, I cleared the cache in my own browser and it seemed to help a lot of stuff. It's a place to start?
                  Alison

Comment

I haven't messed with anything.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oops, feel free to ignore my other thread in here - I read this one afterward and realized it's the same problem.
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Me either. I will note that since host gators server crash last week, I had a HUGE problem with them and I'm not at all confident that they have fixed all their issues. So, it could very well be HG related.

Angie
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Darnit!
                          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
                          X