Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weird Page Skip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Page Skip?

This may be minor and may be happening only to me but when I click to a new page/thread the page loads and immediately skips down to the bottom of the page? I don't know if that means anything bad but it seems slightly off and it's happening on every page I click to.
    Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Originally posted by WolfpackWife View Post
    This may be minor and may be happening only to me but when I click to a new page/thread the page loads and immediately skips down to the bottom of the page? I don't know if that means anything bad but it seems slightly off and it's happening on every page I click to.
    "every page I click to" meaning here at iMSN, or elsewhere also? If here, just in the forums, or in the more static areas of the site, too? If the forums, also on the forum list and search results pages (new posts?), or just in an actual thread?

Are you on a desktop/laptop browser, or mobile browser version of the site, or tapatalk? If you're on a desktop/laptop browser, which one? Does it happen in others?

Is it always going all the way to the bottom, or sometimes mid-way down a page? Does it JUMP down, or seem to scroll?

Where exactly are you clicking when you "click to a new page/thread"?

Those answers will help narrow it down.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I'm getting it, too. It's just on iMSN, and it's jumping almost instantly after the page loads. It looks like it's going down to the ads, maybe to highlight them? Maybe to make you accidentally click on them instead of what you intend to click on (since there's the tiny pause before jumping)? I got it on the main forum page on my PC, and I've been getting it on the main mobile page (with all the icons) on my phone. Chrome browser on PC and iPhone 5s.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

The same thing is happening to me. I am on my pc and wierdly, I am always signed in, but when I pressed my short cut to check in on iMSN today, I was signed out. Then when I signed in, it immediately jumped to the bottom of all pages I was trying to get to.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Here too and I am on IPad. I thought it was me.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

me too, on laptop

Comment

Just on iMSN. Desktop (PC), Chrome. Immediately after page loads. Currently just in the forum (all areas - main page, threads, different sections, etc) - I don't navigate to other places on the site usually.
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

[MENTION=816]PrincessFiona[/MENTION], could an ad be stealing focus?
                Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

me too, only on IMSN on laptop using Safari

Comment

Me too...
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I don't see ads but when I click on an unread thread or checking back on any other thread it goes straight to the lady message... Is that what everyone is talking about or something completely different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Interesting. Sounds like an ad [MENTION=1049]poky[/MENTION] We should see if it goes away when the ad is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                          Interesting. Sounds like an ad [MENTION=1049]poky[/MENTION] We should see if it goes away when the ad is gone.
                          I have ad block plus blocking the ads, and I'm not seeing the behavior they're describing, so my bet is that yes, it's an ad. How do we figure out which one(s) and get them to stop it?
                          Sandy

Comment

So no more page skip! However today almost every time I load a page in iMSN the shockwave flash plug in crashes. It's always happened every once in a while when using this site but today it's nearly constant. Again, no idea if that's something w/in the site or if it's my computer/browser.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not getting the page skip anymore either. Thanks guys!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X