Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

tech issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've barely been getting any redirects since switching to the full site (rather than the mobile version). Like Tara, I just thought we were at the stage where we just own our choice to not use Tapatalk.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

I'm just using the full site from my phone as well. I can go back to trying the mobile site.
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I'm on the full site on my phone as well and the first day was great, no redirects, but since then the redirect is almost instantaneous once the forum page starts to load. And as before it redirects to a million places, Uber, the app store, savings-galleria.com, etc.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

I'm not certain a screen shot will help in this case because it doesn't give me an error message of any kind. All it does is log me out like I've been timed out and tells me that I'm not logged in to be able to post. So I log in again, multiple times. I stay logged in anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes each time. It's the full site I'm on and it usually does this when I try to post or navigate to another page like a thread or area of the forum. I can barely navigate the site without having to log in again.

Also I don't know if this matters or not but this issue started after I changed my password on here recently, and I also upgraded to Windows 10 at the end of July but it was working fine before I changed my password on this site. Not sure if it has anything to do with either of those.
          PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

[MENTION=3361]Cinderella[/MENTION], have you run Spybot on your computer? Is your antivirus software current? It very well may be a Windows 10 issue, but I'm just trying to think of possible fixes. So sorry you're having these issues.
            Laurie

Comment

I have Norton Antivirus but I'll try Spybots free download and see.
              PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

I downloaded spybot and ran the scan and now I'm giving it a test drive here. I have to go on a three day road trip. We're leaving in a little bit so if you're trying to reach me for this that's where I'll be.

test 1
                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

This morning I was really getting kicked out over and over repeatedly.

So far so good.

test post 2
                  PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

This is a post Step 3 trip so we're taking a quick breather to get out of town.

I'll let this post sit and marinate for a little bit like I'm writing a long post and go load the car. Then post it right before we leave.

test post 3
                    PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Didn't kick me out yet so it might be working. Gotta go.
                      PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Yay! Hope it helped! Have a great trip!
                        Laurie

Comment

[MENTION=3361]Cinderella[/MENTION] sorry I'm late to the party, but I've been using Windows 10 for a week or so and am not having any problems with it, so that probably isn't the problem. If you run into more problems I would do all the usual things - running at least a couple different spyware/malware programs (none of them catch everything, I've been told to run both a virus software and a malware software to cover the spread. I currently have Avast and Malwarebytes); clearing cache and cookies, try a different browser, etc. I also run the mobile site on my Android (Note 3) sometimes - I usually use Tapatalk - and have never had a redirect... it's definitely a user- and device-specific problem probably having to do with either malware or the browser you're using. I also use malware/virus software and use Chrome browser on my phone as well so maybe that would help? Anyway hope you have better luck!
                          Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

I think it might be working. Will update if it happens again.
                            PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

iPhone 6 using Safari still redirects almost immediately. Full site, not mobile version.
                              Tara
                              Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

It's happening again today. This is post malware scan and virus scan from several days ago. It's doing the same thing as it did before where it's timing me out saying I'm not logged in after I go to post or view another area of the forum. Not sure what else to do except keep logging in.
                                Last edited by Cinderella; 08-24-2015, 01:59 PM.
                                PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                                X