Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Spam uptick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam uptick

Lots and lots of new spam. [MENTION=1049]poky[/MENTION] is there something you can see that has changed on the back end? Is it still doing spam user verification?

Also, I am deleting threads and banning users, but I see threads that are "soft deleted" as well that I am undeleting in order to permanently remove the thread as opposed to the grayed out soft delete. It's not too bad on my phone, but the amount of spam is just crazy.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

I honestly have no idea where the setting(s) for verification of new users is, so I'm not sure, unfortunately. I can look into it more in-depth this weekend.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I've seen this for months. I'll do permanent deletes from now on. I was doing permanent deletes before, but thought you may have wanted to track so started soft-deletes. I didn't know it was making more work for you! [MENTION=1013]Vanquisher[/MENTION]
        Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by scrub-jay View Post
          I've seen this for months. I'll do permanent deletes from now on. I was doing permanent deletes before, but thought you may have wanted to track so started soft-deletes. I didn't know it was making more work for you! @Vanquisher
          Same here!
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

It's fine! No worries. It's nice to be able to ban the users and I can't do that if I don't know that they are spamming! Thanks for all your help!!!

Comment

Do you want us to do soft deletes then?

Comment

Ummmm. I don't know. Lol. I'm going to try to figure out our spam filter.

Comment

It looks like it is requiring a valid email address, as the system is set to send new account requests an email with a link that has to be clicked to be able to post, and it also looks like there's a human verification (capcha) set up...so it looks like it's actually humans? Wherever the links go that they're posting is presumably paying them to post them?
                  Sandy
                  Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Thanks for looking at it. I'm just amazed. It seems to have gotten really out of control.

Comment

Sheesh! They're at it today for sure! They all have abnormal mailing addresses. "New Area Bazar" for example. Would it help if I listed the spam name here?

Comment

Working...
                      X