Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Caching problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caching problems

The only way I can get into this website is to have that devoloper screen up. It has been several weeks. Just wondering if there is any news on fixing it?

What developer screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris, it's explained in another thread. A while back, the "new posts" page started getting cached, I looked into it, diagnosed the problem, came up with a (clunky) workaround, and after a few days, it went away, and things started behaving normally again. This time, it doesn't seem to be going away, but I still have no idea how to fix it. Did you make any changes last time this happened?
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

No. I wonder if the software needs upgraded. I don't have a working computer. I'll check this weekend and ask vbulletin to install the upgrade.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks guys for looking into this! It doesn't seem to be browser-dependent any more. I hop back and forth between Safari and Chrome, and sometimes it shows me new posts and sometimes not. It's been a little worse the last few days. I've had no problems signing in, just with the New Posts search and the main forum page displaying accurate new post updates. Also sometimes with the individual threads not updating to show the most recent posts.
          Alison

Comment

Yeah, it's definitely caching, which wouldn't cause a problem with logging in. I'm wondering if maybe it's something hostgator has done at a server level, maybe?
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

So this is...different. For the last day or so, when I click the Forums screen (http://www.medicalspouse.com/forums/), I find myself looking at it as if I'm logged in as someone else (their username in the "Welcome, {username}" field; their unread notifications alert.) I've been houseelf, gem, fluffhead, and medpedspouse so far. I can't see their PMs or anything, but it's still pretty disconcerting. What's going on here?
              Alison

Comment

Someone else posted a new thread with similar problems and I have something similar happen too.

Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

ditto. "new posts" hasn't been working now for several weeks (though I do get it to work once in a while), and yesterday and today I'm being logged in as a random different user.
                  Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                  Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
                    ditto. "new posts" hasn't been working now for several weeks (though I do get it to work once in a while), and yesterday and today I'm being logged in as a random different user.
                    I logged out completely in order to see if that would reset things, and discovered that I am getting those screens even when I'm not logged in at all. So AFAICT, random public users can see all the "hidden" forum names and the titles of the first post in the forum, at a minimum.

Obviously Kris is busy today but I hope someone else with access has a minute to poke around.

And...crap. I couldn't get into people's PMs before but just now I clicked on MAPPLEBUM's unread messages and got into *your* mailbox, fluff. Didn't read anything, pretty sure I couldn't have if I'd tried, but YIKES. [MENTION=1049]poky[/MENTION] [MENTION=1421]HouseofWool[/MENTION] [MENTION=4205]alotofyarn[/MENTION]?
                    Alison

Comment

Same thing happened to me earlier. I posted a screenshot in the Facebook group.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

OMG, should we delete some of our private posts?? I've posted some job stuff recently that I really don't want public. 😣

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

probably a good idea.. it seems the caching issue is still happening.

Comment

Working...
                          X