Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's for dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spaghetti and wine!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Here is a recipe that I like for grits:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recip ... ews/104183

Would that be fluff's risotto, Angie?

Comment

I actually went all out and made it traditionally. 45 minutes of stirring and dripping in the chicken broth ladle by ladle and.....(drumroll please)....the kids wanted the "normal" risotto. Thanks, Fluff. My Italian MIL will be soooo unhappy when she finds out they prefer the microwave version.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Squash fritters! I seasoned the batter w/ corriander seed, peppercorns, saffron, red pepper flakes, kosher salt,that I powderized in my coffe turned spice grinder. I also added a little chopped parsley to the batter, as well as the shredded squash. I serve it w/ a very simple salad of chopped tomato, cucumbers, and parsley, dressed in olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt! Simple but yummy!

Comment

Me: Graham Crackers and Milk!

Kids: Hot dogs (which I HATE) with yogurt for dessert
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Tostitos, salsa, olives!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We had the pineapple, mandarine, banana cod curry thingy again..over pasta instead of rice and so no one would eat the pasta. If I had made it with rice, they would have complained about that too

kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by pinkpickles
                  Squash fritters!
                  YUM, that sounds delish!

Comment

TGIFridays, where I got carded for beer. :> :~

Comment

I posted my recipe in Recipes.
                      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

We went out for Mongolian barbeque. We don't normally go out on a Wednesday, but my husband had to bring doughnuts for his CME talk this morning and we decided to go for the Krispy Kremes. Since we had to drive to get them anyway, we decided to just go to bd's (with the free doughnut they give you at KK as the dessert!)

I think Krispy Kreme ranks up there with Trader Joe's and IKEA on the list of places that are ode-worthy.
                        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
                          A bona fide New Yorker went to TGIFridays????? What is the world coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                            Originally posted by Vishenka69
                            A bona fide New Yorker went to TGIFridays????? What is the world coming to?
                            DH bargained fast food for therapy. This is how low I'm willing to stoop to get him to come with me.

Comment

We had homemade hamburgers and french fries. It was supposed to be ham and split pea soup, but I didn't things started in time.
                              Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Tonight it's leftover casserole that I'm going to heat up in a pan (dh actually prefers it left over than on the day of).

And then I'm going to make some odds and ends. I'll probably roast some asparagus and bell peppers.
                                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                                X