Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the duggar family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the duggar family

Exclusive: Michelle Duggar is pregnant!
    Posted Feb 6th 2007 11:03AM by Rachel Mosteller
    Filed under: Pregnant celebrities, Celebrity babies, Television, Celebrity parents

I recently wrote about a rumor going around online that Michelle Duggar, of the "Duggar Family" fame, is pregnant. For those of you who aren't up to date on the happenings on TLC, the Duggars are a family that lives in Arkansas and has 16 children.

Michelle and her husband Jim Bob have said in the past that they viewed children as a blessing and, as long as Michelle was willing, they would have more.

I sent an email to Jim Bob Duggar, who graciously replied. Michelle is, in fact, pregnant!

"It is true, Michelle is expecting #17 July 27th, 2007," said Jim Bob in an email to Blogging Baby. What wonderful news for this family.

While not everyone may agree with their birth control practices, it is nice to see a family that really welcomes all additions. If you'd like to see more about The Duggar family, you can see some previous
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: the duggar family

[quote="rainbabies"]

People may not agree with their birth control practices?!?!!? My question is: what bc do they use?
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

OMG! 17?!!?!? I'm surprised her uteris is not dragging around her knees at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
        OMG! 17?!!?!? I'm surprised her uteris is not dragging around her knees at this point.
        Among other things.

Comment

I'm sure it won't be their last.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Yeah, I'll bet they don't stop until either they hit at least 20 OR she hits menopause. I'd have to know how far apart her children were spaced to make a guess as to the idea that they don't use bc. I mean, if the kids are two or three years apart then chances are good that they DO use it. All 18 months apart? My guess then is that they don't.

I must admit that the idea of that many children (and that many pregnancies!) is overwhelming to me.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Vishenka69
              Some women's bodies are more resilient than others. Some women have uterine issues (along with weight issues, breast issues, etc) after only one or two pregnancies. Luckly, after four, I don't have problems with any of those body parts. I have no doubt there are women out there that could have ten or more pregnancies and not have uterine, weight, breast or other physical issues. Not many, granted, but don't assume they don't exist.

Comment

http://www.jimbob.info
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Ahhh, so the answer to the birth control question is "No".

Comment

I'm in a frame of mind right now where I think it's...nice..if that's what they really want and are happy with :! I wish we could have more :! and I wish we had had one between alex and aidan.

:!
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Did you type that with a rum and coke sitting next to you?

Actually, everyone I know with three or more says that adding more isn't as daunting as going from one to two.

(something I'll never know. I'm happily taking everyone else's word for it)

(Come ON potty training...)

Jenn

Comment

I'm bored and went to the Discovery channel messageboard on their Dugger episodes. Dang! There are some seriously bitter, sad individuals who just spew hatred for a family they don't even know whose children seem to be perfectly happy, well-adjusted, good kids!

Some people would argue that the sky is red....

Comment

I remember (from my Duggar viewing fest) that they do not use birth control as it conflicts with their religious beliefs.

I'd have to be "on" something else to be pregnant w/my 17th child ... but to each their own. I hope she stays healthy.

Comment

Does the name Jim Bob make anyone else chuckle?

Comment

haha yah that name is tooo funny...

Comment

Working...
                              X