Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Happy 4th of July!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 4th of July!

We've revived the debate section.

and we have people with opinions. who are able to hear (read?) the other person perspective.

ah, I love the USA.

and my challenge to everyone who has NEVER posted, please- chime in. I promise we won't be mean. I think it's so important to be able to revive the proccess of civil discourse in this age of polarization. So-just once in what's left of '07- stick a toe in the waters.

After all, I may be a lefty Hillary lusting windbag, but I'm YOUR lefty Hillary lusting windbag. (and whatever happened to everyone chipping in to buy me the bust of the bust?)

Jenn

I'm YOUR lefty Hillary lusting windbag.
    and we love you.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Three cheers for the first amendment!!

If you are the Hillary-seduced libby, Jenn, then I'll be the token conservative. Except I am not of the Religious Right variety, so maybe we need one of those, too.

Comment

I just want to make out with her. I'll vote for Richardson.

Jenn

PS- my partners in crime are usually Kris and Luanne. the conservatives include Sally and Tara. but way back a million years ago we were all going to pitch in and buy a French villa. (It was advertised here) We were going to have it kid friendly, with all the iMSNers w/ the baby itch pitching in with babysitting. We were going to have a man cave for our guys. We were going to have cooks and small rooms for those who needed a place to bang their head against the walls until they felt better. It was going to be the place to go when your spouse had a crappy rotation- where you could go and have someone hand you a cold drink and say- put your feet up, we have a maid here.

and Sally and I were going to be co-presidents. because we're chicks and we know how to share.

sounds GREAT! even now.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper
          Except I am not of the Religious Right variety, so maybe we need one of those, too.
          My MIL and FIL are coming in town late this week and they are members of the Religious Right. They always have a different perspective on stuff--very interesting to hear from them, because their opinions are always educated and well-thought-out, even if I don't agree with them. Not the stereotypical picture of backwater holy rolling glory freaks who don't know anything beyond the county line.

Of course, discourses with them usually involve them calling me a liberal at some point (irony, I know). But that's OK. They are always respectful and never belittling.

We got into a conversation on the death penalty last time they were here. They were very interested in my argument that to be truly, intellectually consistently pro-life, one also should be against the death penalty (essentially, the Roman Catholic Church's position). Pretty open-minded for my MIL--who commented at our rehearsal dinner that "she was ok, she thought" with her son entering a "mixed marriage" (she meant "mixed" in the only way that mattered to her--religiously).

My DH is a Baptist. I am an Episcopalian. **Sigh**

Comment

don't worry - we have religious righters too. A few of 'em.

And Jenn ... I'm hurt that I didn't make the list of liberal partners in crime. Hurt.

Comment

You're always in my heart, honey.

My apologies.

Jenn

Comment

It's okay. I know you were focusing on Hillary.

Comment

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I'm about as left as they come. Hilary all the way baby!!

Comment

Jenn, didn't we agree to share Hillary?
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I don't recall having that conversation.

To quote our Attorney General....

Jenn

Comment

Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

As long as we're admitting our political proclivities, I swing both ways.

Kelly
                            In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                            X