Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stop Setting Alarms on My Biological Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrincessFiona

It's funny that there are some people who photograph their naked pregnant tummies or make molds of them....and others who feel that they are quite a private thing...
    See and I fall into that category, we'll be having professional pictures taken by my girlfriend when I'm about 7 1/2 months pg. But being proud of my belly and having someone touch it is two different things in my book.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake
      I wanted to make a mold of my pregnant belly but never got around to it. I still didn't like *strangers* to touch it!
      Well, I agree about the stranger part.

Bummer that you didn't get the belly mold! I just saw a TLC thing and the artist painted it up and it was beautiful.

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

THe belly touching, if I recall, was on the author, who was not even pg. Now this is definitely strange to me- an invasion of personal space...

I have never had anyone touch my pg belly, except my kids. I even had to invite my DH to touch the belly when the kids were kicking around in there. I must send off "get away" vibes.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

You all can feel me up anytime you want, preggos or not. I'm *completely* game.

Seriously, the only comment I'm going to remotely address in this thread is Nellie's observation of the "mommy vortex". Don't get me wrong, we've all been endlessly consumed with our little...er...angels at one time or another. But I swear that nothing is more mundane than this phenomenon.

The person I hang out with the most here has parenting beliefs as far on the other side of the spectrum from mine as I can possibly fathom still maintaining a realistic friendship. She believes in systematically utilizing corporal punishment, she "unschools" and her kids have little schedule at all, and she is fervently and conservatively religious, deferring to her husband as the head of the house.

Still, this friend talks about politics, books, movies, travel, hobbies, business, etc. It is wonderfully refreshing and although we will probably have some crossroads to navigate, she is definitely a friend who will exceed my mommydom days.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Here's an interesting discussion with people chiming in on both sides of the touching fence....

http://www.babycenter.com/dilemma/pregn ... 14381.html

Again...I don't touch strangers.

kris

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                Kris, you ARE abnormal. But it's got nothing to do with this discussion!!!!! j/k
                Thank goodness...normal was never really my goal anyway :>

Comment

Kris-

Re-read what I wrote.

I AM TALKING ABOUT GUYS WHO TOUCH PREGNANT WOMEN.

You need a rum and coke, sister.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                    Kris-

Re-read what I wrote.

I AM TALKING ABOUT GUYS WHO TOUCH PREGNANT WOMEN.

You need a rum and coke, sister.

Jenn
                    Will you come drink it with me....I'm up for a cheap feel too...and I don't have a pregnant belly. :>

Comment

and I am not a hugger, nor a cheek kisser. Don't touch me in an elevator unless we are one of 15 people and it's only supposed to hold 12.

Thankfully (and I do mean that) I've never been pregnant, don't want to be pregnant, don't ever have to be pregnant. If I had ever been pregnant and someone touched me- I would freak.

My SIL made me touch her belly when she was pregnant with Jack and it wierded me out past the point of reason.

Jenn

Comment

I read this article in Newsweek as well.....and I came up on the "She's got issues" side of the fence. I suppose it hinges on how much hassle you've gotten about childbearing. I got none. NONE. I was 29 and married 8 years and I think people still thought I was too young. :> Let's here it for perpetual grad schooling! In that culture (NE region, universities), I don't think it was abnormal to not have kids. Even ever. Here, I can see it coming up. If you live in the burbs or a family focused area, people are always thinking family, kids, etc. If you live in an area that's not so child friendly, people don't want you pregnant. Simple enough.

I do think she's a little over the top and up tight. I agree that having a person put their hand up your shirt and caress your EMPTY belly is a little odd. I'd probably think she was hitting on me. That's a whole different essay.
                        Angie
                        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Will you come drink it with me....I'm up for a cheap feel too...and I don't have a pregnant belly. :>
                          I can really see why you and Kelly hit it off so well.

Angie has a good point...people's actions vary by region.

Comment

Originally posted by planet
                            Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                            Plus, it made me look more human, and helped to disspell rumors about me being an evil alien that had morphed human form, sent here to melt my enemies with death rays and take over the earth to accomplish my bidding.
                            Do you mean the attorney or the pregnancy influence?
                            Whichever. I am not sure the distinction is important when you're in the path of the storm...

Comment

Originally posted by ekreter

This woman walked straight up to her from about 50 yards away and put her hand on her belly without even saying hi, introducing herself, or looking my coworker in the eye. My coworker waited 5 seconds and then without a word, reached out and grabbed the woman's breast. The woman jumped back, shocked, and said, "What are you doing??"" And my coworker smiled and said, "Oh, I thought we were having an inapproproate touching contest, I win!!" and walked away. Apparently she got this idea from a pregnancy blog or something.

Not exactly my style but completely brillant if you're willing to grab other people.
                              OMG!!! That is AWESOME!! I mean, it's probably civil sexual assault, but she totally deserved it..AWESOME!

Comment

This is great!

The single most annoying belly-touching episode happened on a bus. It was a good thing for the toucher that I was big and the heat made me move slow.

LOL, I love that the woman touched the other woman's breast!

Comment

Working...
                                X