Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Forget Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, I'll try all of the above. I really am a cat and dog person. Caroline says the animals have more toys than she ever had! My one true regret about animals is I plan to drive to Atlanta and hoped to meet up with Heidi, but I'll have Winston and Franklin with me
    They are very small!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Luane, I love the name Winston for a pet!

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
        Thanks everyone, I'll try all of the above. I really am a cat and dog person. Caroline says the animals have more toys than she ever had! My one true regret about animals is I plan to drive to Atlanta and hoped to meet up with Heidi, but I'll have Winston and Franklin with me
        They are very small!
        You can meet up with me?! Yay!!! When?? Are they cats/dogs? If they are cats, I would even let you spend the night. Dogs, can't do it. Allergy reasons you know. I do know some dog people here though. Maybe they could dogsit?

I may be headed to Atlanta soon myself. We don't have a specific date, but we do need to go soon to see some friends of ours there in their new home.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I wonder if I catch the cats in the neighborhood if animal control will come get them?

Comment

That would likely be a yes. We did this once and animal control took and fixed three cats we lured. We did this after finding a litter of kittens that had varying levels of neurological damage. They all found good homes, but mama to the kittens was put down. They said she was too wild to rehab.

Comment

It depends a lot on the season. The animal control in SA is so overwhelmed with strays that they have said that unless the animal is injured, in danger, or a danger to others they're not coming.

Catching them and getting them fixed and perhaps adopted isn't the worst thing in the world. and to my mind, better to be put to sleep than starving on the streets.

If you have a serious problem you can always do what my street did -everyone pitched in and the mobile spay clinic came.

So, yes we have strays still but no kittens!

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by pstone
                I wonder if I catch the cats in the neighborhood if animal control will come get them?
                They will here. Our city has an ordinance against outdoor cats. FTR I find this to be overkill, even though I am no longer a cat person.

Comment

Working...
                X