Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Princess Diana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princess Diana

Anyone else here obsessed with her and her story?

Do you think she was "taken out" by the Royal family?

I do believe that she was considered a liability by the Royals (and gotten rid of). DH thinks I'm nuts to even care!!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

It still brings me to tears to think about her. I can still clearly remember what I was doing when I heard she had died. I have articles about her and the boys from the British magazines from when I would visit my dad in England.

I don't know if I believe that the royal family took her out. I believe that they didn't care for her, ever, but I don't know if they would kill her. And if they did, you think they would have handled her death a lot better than they did as a means to "cover" up their tracks. The royals gained nothing positive from her death, 10 years later and they are still criticized for how they treated her when she was alive and how they handled her death.

Comment

Di fan here.

When she and Charles got married, our family's only tv was broken so my mom rented a big tv and got the whole family up at 4am to watch.

I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard she died, too. It was on my first anniversay and we were at the beach.

I have often wondered if she was taken out by the royal family, myself. I speculate that the RF didn't like her entanglement with Dodi. And it made Charles' marriage to horseface easier to swallow with Di not being around anymore.

Comment

I too remember exactly where I was when I heard she died. I don't think the Royals took her out, I do beleive that her driver shouldn't have been driving and that the paparazzi should be ashamed of themselves.

I think Charles and Camilla would have ended up together whether she was a live or not.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

i was a di fan and remember where i was when she died. i watched the live memorial on TV. she was a beutiful lady.

but...im so sick of the specials on her. let the woman rest in peace. stop with the theories, the books, specials...the money making stuff. let her boys remember her and commemorate her. enough all ready.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
            Originally posted by rainbabies
            i was a di fan and remember where i was when she died. i watched the live memorial on TV. she was a beutiful lady.

but...im so sick of the specials on her. let the woman rest in peace. stop with the theories, the books, specials...the money making stuff. let her boys remember her and commemorate her. enough all ready.

Does anyone remember that Mother Teresa died within days of Diana yet the coverage of her life was not even 1/10 of the continuing coverage of Di?
            That really, really annoyed me. It was a terrible thing, of course, what happened to Diana and I could understand people wanting the coverage, but I was frustrated that it so blindingly eclipsed Mother Teresa's passing. The choice of interest and priority by the media and watching public certainly was a comment on our values. She didn't have quite the sex appeal and exciting personal life.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy Sunshine
              I too remember exactly where I was when I heard she died. I don't think the Royals took her out, I do beleive that her driver shouldn't have been driving and that the paparazzi should be ashamed of themselves.
              ITA. I also agree with Sylvia about the "let it go" thing. AND with Abigail? about Mother Teresa. We actually joked at the time that if Barbra Streisand died too we'd know my mother was bored and picking people to talk to. The combo of Di and Mother Teresa was just too odd.

Comment

Is it a bad thing that I honestly don't give a hoot about the anniversary of Princess Diana's death? It was an awful loss for her family but it didn't impact me in any way, shape, or form.

And, I do recall that Mother Theresa died around the same time - now THAT was a true loss for mankind.
                Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                With fingernails that shine like justice
                And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                  We actually joked at the time that if Barbra Streisand died too we'd know my mother was bored and picking people to talk to. The combo of Di and Mother Teresa was just too odd.
                  I LOL at this.
                  What a sweet way to remember someone you lost.

PS I always thought Di would have hated that Mother T's death basically went without a comment.
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn

PS I always thought Di would have hated that Mother T's death basically went without a comment.
                    I always thought Mother Teresa would have been pleased.

Comment

Working...
                    X