Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Newsweek "My Turn" on Medical Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newsweek "My Turn" on Medical Errors

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
    Oh, gosh...I SO WISH I could post my story on this topic. It physically HURTS to keep this bottled up.
    Call room? :huh: Don't torture us.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious
      My husband got rapped on the knuckles with the scalpel as a student. The surgeon said "suction" and apparently he didn't want the blood suctioned, he wanted the smoke from the bovie (?) suctioned. I'm like, "I can't believe he used the scalpel." "Well, it was the flat side of the blade." "Still not okay!" "That's true."
      Gee - I guess that my story about the woman slapping my arm when I worked at Record Town b/c I didn't like Michael Bolton doesn't really seem so bad now.

A scalpel. Jerk.

Comment

In Germany, you basically don't talk to attendings (as a student) unless you're spoken to. When dh first started doing rotations here, he was shocked that the students would ask to do certain procedures. Shocked more that they even opened their mouths to voice their opinions.
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
          In Germany, you basically don't talk to attendings (as a student) unless you're spoken to. When dh first started doing rotations here, he was shocked that the students would ask to do certain procedures. Shocked more that they even opened their mouths to voice their opinions.
          HA...I have a story about THAT, but I don't dare divulge it either.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well, as you all know by now, the WORST one was the medical student who told my husband to F off in front of a patient...(because he had the nerve to ask him if he had done the H & P. and he said "no, you do it." and my husband motioned for him to leave the room so that he could discuss that fact that 1) he was a MEDICAL STUDENT and 2) They needed the H & P and 3) He was a Lt. and my husband was a Captain and 4) He asked him to do it way before this.

and that was when the medical student in front of the patient said, "F off."

and that was when my husband walked away and went into the doctor's lounge, punched a hole in the wall and came back and asked MEDICAL STUDENT TO LEAVE and did the H & P himself.

and yet, they're so desperate for neurologists that they actually accepted this dickhead into the residency program, where he pissed off so many people that he was kicked out and is completing his payback at the USUHS health clinic where people can keep an eye on him.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
              Well, as you all know by now, the WORST one was the medical student who told my husband to F off in front of a patient...(because he had the nerve to ask him if he had done the H & P. and he said "no, you do it." and my husband motioned for him to leave the room so that he could discuss that fact that 1) he was a MEDICAL STUDENT and 2) They needed the H & P and 3) He was a Lt. and my husband was a Captain and 4) He asked him to do it way before this.

and that was when the medical student in front of the patient said, "F off."

and that was when my husband walked away and went into the doctor's lounge, punched a hole in the wall and came back and asked MEDICAL STUDENT TO LEAVE and did the H & P himself.

and yet, they're so desperate for neurologists that they actually accepted this dickhead into the residency program, where he pissed off so many people that he was kicked out and is completing his payback at the USUHS health clinic where people can keep an eye on him.

Jenn
              Holy cow. I mean that.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                Originally posted by alison
                HA...I have a story about THAT, but I don't dare divulge it either.

Oh, come on Kris! Tell us!
                married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                X