Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thank you Governor Corzine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Governor Corzine

I don't know how many of you remember our debate a couple of years ago about pharmacists not filling the "emergency contraceptive" pill prescribed by physicians, based on their personal moral beliefs, but Governor Corzine signed into law today bill #S1195. This bill was introduced in January 2006. I'm sure it is no surprise to those that "know" me, but I have been following this closely, and have spent alot of time and energy on it.

S1195 Establishes pharmacy's duty to fill prescriptions for in-stock drugs or devices without delay, notwithstanding sincerely held moral, philosophical or religious beliefs of pharmacist.

This bill prohibits pharmacists from refusing to dispense medication based on their personal philosophical, moral, or religious reasons.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Re: Thank you Governor Corzine

Yeah! I think that if your personal feelings/closely held beliefs prevent you from doing your job, then you are in the wrong profession....

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Agreed. I had a scare this summer and the first two pharmacies I went to wouldn't give it to me. You should have seen the look on the pharmacists faces. Bitches. I was so relieved when I went to #3 and they were SO nice. I mean, c'mon, I felt bad enough already - I didn't need attitude from anyone else.

Comment

That's great. I am so glad it went this way.
        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Now if they could only get him to put on the $(*#&$(*& seat belt.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

I never said he was perfect, just made me happy this week!!!!! It is all about me, me, me.

Stella, I'm sorry you had that experience, what asshats.
            Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123
              I don't know how many of you remember our debate a couple of years ago about pharmacists not filling the "emergency contraceptive" pill prescribed by physicians, based on their personal moral beliefs, but Governor Corzine signed into law today bill #S1195. This bill was introduced in January 2006. I'm sure it is no surprise to those that "know" me, but I have been following this closely, and have spent alot of time and energy on it.

S1195 Establishes pharmacy's duty to fill prescriptions for in-stock drugs or devices without delay, notwithstanding sincerely held moral, philosophical or religious beliefs of pharmacist.

This bill prohibits pharmacists from refusing to dispense medication based on their personal philosophical, moral, or religious reasons.
              Does anyone know how this will affect Catholic church-owned/operated hospitals? Will they have to shut down their pharmacies like they had to shut down adoption services in Massachusetts?

Comment

I don't know the answer to this, but I really hope so. I know plenty of Catholics (myself included) who would agree.
                Luanne

Comment

Working...
                X