Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

If dirt is not slung in the forest, does it make a sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If dirt is not slung in the forest, does it make a sound?

Oh, this is completely insane.

So Robert Novak, the journalist, said that he has a Democrat insider source who claims that Hillary Clinton has some seriously awful mud on Barak Obama, and is sitting on it for the right time to sling. Barak Obama is claiming that no such dirt exists. Every single political talking head is talking about it incessantly.

About unknown dirt from an unnamed source. That neither candidate's camp claims exists. That no one has slung.

It must be a really slow news day.

Re: If dirt is not slung in the forest, does it make a sound?

Yeah-

I remember something like this happening a few months back- I can't even remember what the details were but it was non-news published in an online journel that reported that someone said something but had no details, no sources, no documentation.

Makes me wish for the Walter Cronkite days of "when it was on, it was really news" as opposed to the "crap, we have to fill 24 hours of time and jeez...there's nothing to say that we haven't said 100 times already."

Novak is a tool, in addition to the rest of the issues, too. and apparently quite an arse in real life.

Jenn

Comment

Isn't Robert Novak the guy who was involved in the Valerie Plame thing, too? He's an ass.

Comment

Valerie Plame was my initial reaction to this report as well. At least it is good to know that he's lost credibility with a good population of people over that affair.

Me thinks this is the new twist on mudslinging. I could sling something, but I'm too good for that. So.....everyone talk amongst yourselves about what it could be........while I sit here looking holy.

Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
          At least it is good to know that he's lost credibility with a good population of people over that affair.
          Sadly, and I don't mean this to sound snotty, but I don't think we are necessarily representative of "a good population of people". My guess is that a lot of people who would love to hear anything salacious about Clinton or Obama won't put the Nowak / Plame thing together. But I don't have a whole lot of faith in the general public. I guess I am a snob.

Comment

The Daily Show gets its ratings from somewhere.

You know I live in what most would think to be a very Republican town - and we've had peaceful war protests on the village triangle 4 or 5 times this year. Also, people around here are vocally sick of all the political shenanigans. I'm hoping it IS a good population. Now we just need to get all those people to the polls. (That's a bigger problem than most will admit.)
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Nah, I think a lot of people don't have any idea who Robert Novak is. (Or that there's a presidential election a year from now.) I'm totally a snob.
              I... don't... remember ...... who ........ he ......... is But I do know that there is an uncoming presidential election. And the sad thing is, I try to stay current on politics and listen to NPR all the time, sigh I still have so much to learn. Anyway I guess I should go google the guy.

Comment

Hey I'm not so out of it after all. I thought it was the CIA scandal, but then someone used th word, affair - and I thought they meant a litteral affair. Anyway here's a link on him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Novak

Comment

Working...
                X