Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edwards

Yeah, that's exactly what I think he's doing - angling for the V.P. spot. I think Obama would consider that (maybe) but I don't see Clinton doing that. Although maybe she would consider him too. It would be a stab at the "fresh" new guard of the Democrat party.

Actually, after typing the above stuff, Hilary might need an Edwards more than Obama would. Obama might need a more experienced v.p. candidate -- and would look to someone not controversial but with bipartisan respect in relation to matters of state / military.

Great. Now, I lost my appetite for breakfast.

Re: Edwards

Originally posted by uvagradk

Actually, after typing the above stuff, Hilary might need an Edwards more than Obama would. Obama might need a more experienced v.p. candidate -- and would look to someone not controversial but with bipartisan respect in relation to matters of state / military.

Great. Now, I lost my appetite for breakfast.
    I think the above is true but I can't see Hilary choosing Edwards. Obama needs more of a Biden or Dodds person -- for foreign policy mainly I would imagine.
    Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Biden
      Ol' Joe brings something really special to the table. In my mind, he can bloviate like nobody's business. Man, does that dude love to hear himself talk. But despite that, he still comes off as a very likable man, not the blowhard that anyone else would appear to be with all of that talking.

Comment

Originally posted by uvagradk
        Biden
        Ol' Joe brings something really special to the table. In my mind, he can bloviate like nobody's business. Man, does that dude love to hear himself talk. But despite that, he still comes off as a very likable man, not the blowhard that anyone else would appear to be with all of that talking.
        When he talks, the English teacher comes out in me and I find myself thinking of questions ...in sentences.

"Mr. Biden, based on your years of experience, would you value a person with vision and the ability to lead the country more than someone who had been in the trenches for 30 years plus?" (Please answer in no more than two paragraphs with topic and concluding sentences.)

Biden needs to cut his answers sometimes (all the time?) but I've never thought "SHUT UP ALREADY" -- former Pres. Bill could learn a few things from Biden as of late. That guy needs to be on a verbal LEASH!!!!!

I'm a Dem through and through but the tactics the Clintons have used lately to "spin" Obama's record, quotes, etc. is just disgusting.

Sorry about the hijack....
        Flynn

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Members of the media are speculating that Edwards is staying in just in case there is a brokered Democrat convention and he gets to play "kingmaker" (with associated perks).

I seriously doubt either candidate would consider him for vp.
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Tabula Rasa
            I seriously doubt either candidate would consider him for vp.
            I agree. And I also doubt he'd accept. He did it last time, and I really don't think he wants to play second fiddle to anyone. I'm perfectly FINE with him being out.

I've decided I'm backing Obama.

Comment

There are essentially two choices here:

1)Edwards is staying in the race for altruistic reasons or

2)He's staying in the race for reasons involving advancing his own power in some way.

Now, there are candidates who have run in this election simply to make sure that a particular cause gains national attention (illegal aliens threatening US sovereignity comes to mind as one such cause in this election with a particular candidate). That is, arguably, an altruistic reason for entering this race.

There is also the possibility that he will get to decide the outcome of the Democrat primaries. That's the kingmaker scenario - and it is also a distinct possibility. If that is the case then he is, indeed, in it for the associated power.
              Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
              With fingernails that shine like justice
              And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
                He's bowing out. I wonder how this will impact the race? Interesting times...
                HE IS?????

Wow. That's huge.
                Flynn

Comment

It will be interesting,to say the least, to see if he holds off on an endorsement at this time...or not!!!!!

Comment

They're saying he's not planning to endorse anyone immediately.

Comment

Did someone already say? Do his delegates go to the person he endorses or whoever they want?

Comment

I think the way it's supposed to work is that they go for whomever he says to vote for but in reality they can vote for whomever.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                        X