Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

bombs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bombs

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327445,00.html

a blip:
    BAGHDAD — Remote-controlled explosives strapped to two mentally retarded women detonated in a coordinated attack on Baghdad pet bazaars Friday, Iraqi officials said, killing at least 73 people in the deadliest day since the U.S. sent 30,000 extra troops to the capital last spring.

The chief Iraqi military spokesman in Baghdad, Brig. Gen. Qassim al-Moussawi, said the female bombers had Down syndrome and that the explosives were detonated by remote control — indicating they may not having been willing attackers in what could be a new method by suspected Sunni insurgents to subvert stepped up security measures.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: bombs

Dear God in Heaven (and we all know how religious I am). I heard about the explosions, and I heard that they were women. Where did you get the information that they had Down Syndrome?

That is just sick.

Comment

I heard this on NPR today.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I heard about the DS portion of this story on my local news last night. We all know that these people are lower than snakes, but to force people who are not capable of making any but the most basic decisions is beyond the pale.
        Kris

Comment

All they had to do was thell them that they were going to do a good thing and that they'd be rewarded at the end of it.

I have had clients who would have happily complied.

Jenn

Comment

I agree with what Abigail said in the General section -

This is tantamount to strapping a bomb to a child and sending her into a crowd.

I don't believe in the classic "hell" but I'll say how I feel:
            There is a special place in hell for people like that (not the women - the ones who strapped the bombs to them).

I just feel sick the more I think about this. I know of NO ideology that accepts this behavior. I seriously hope that people are so sickened by that type of evil that they hunt down the monsters who did this ina massive man-hunt. I am talking pitchforks and mobs here. Sick, sick, sick.
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
              Ditto.

Comment

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Anyone know if the people who did this have been tracked down?

I still feel nauseated and my head hurts thinking about those two women and all of the many of dozens of others who were murdered by some unknown person(s).
                  Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                  With fingernails that shine like justice
                  And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                  X