Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mitt Romney drops out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitt Romney drops out

Quite disappointing....
    Needs

Re: Mitt Romney drops out

What is CPAC?

Wow.

Comment

This allows him to give another candidate his delegates. Should be interesting to see what happens.
      ahhh ha! So that's the deal.

Comment

Just for clarification:

Romney did not drop out.

He suspended his campaign.

This means he keeps his current delegates but he does not actively campaign.

Now we all get to watch Huckabee turn on McCain as they each go for the jugular.
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
          It was pretty much planned that he would drop-out during the CPAC. Although he is not officially dropping out, as I understand he is simply suspending his campaign. This allows him to give another candidate his delegates. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Sorry I was redundant. You already gave the explanation.

Me must read gooder.
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Wow.

But most entertaining, Tara, is listening to Rush and Hannity tear apart McCain. Why are they trying to ensure that a democrat is president in November? (not that I'm complaining, of course ) I am just baffled by all of the McCain hatred! :huh:

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I find that the hardliner's criticism that McCain "works with Democrats" too much is . We need unification in this country, no definitive lines. If anything, I think that this is what draws independents to McCain.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand the vitriol. I mean wouldn't you WANT to have someone who knows how to actually work together?

Just because he compromises on practicality doesn't mean that he personally isn't pissed off. Doesn't EVERYONE have to occasionally do stuff that may go against their very grain? Especially at work?

(Such as my friend who works for a large hotel chain that shall remain nameless and who was told by her boss that she was going to a Romney fund-raiser...period.)

Jenn

Comment

It has nothing to do with working together. It has to do with the fact that McCain is willing to compromise (compromise here means vote against dearly held conservative principles) to be popular with the media and the left. He has been my senator for years, he knows the problems we face with immigration, yet he wants those votes and he's willing to sell us down the river for his own gain. He fought hard against tax cuts and now claims he wants to make them permanent? Hmm, I doubt it.

Giving up your principles is not an act of compromise but one of weakness and selfishness.
                  Ditto.

I can't vote for him, but since my state always goes democrat, it doesn't matter. I already voted Romney by absentee- but Mac hasn't voted yet and so I'm hoping he goes for Obama. (I don't think he'll sign that he's a democrat though... and that's part of the primary ballot. )
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Soooo, this means Romney could give Huckabee his delegates??? If Huckabee gets the ticket, the dem will for sure be elected, he is just to right winged and playing the pastor ticket to much to embraced by the general population IMO.

Comment

I think Romney will give his delegates to Sean Hannity.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I think he should give them to Colbert. (who would then give them to Huckabee since Colbert is claiming responsibility for Huckabee's rise)

(anyone catch the Colbert/Stewart/O'Brien 'fight' over Huckabee?)

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
                          McCain is here grovelling as well.
                          I think "lying" is the appropriate term.
                          Or, at a minimum, sucking up.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                            (anyone catch the Colbert/Stewart/O'Brien 'fight' over Huckabee?)

Jenn
                            Laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Even if Romney gives his delegates to Huckabee, will Huckabee have enough to do anything?

Comment

I love the goofy stuff they're coming up with to fill the shows during the writers strike. I nearly shot water through my nose when Stewart asked them to flip the picture of Cindy McCain, and then gave her the 'come hither' hi there.

Comment

Working...
                              X