Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Republicans for Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republicans for Obama

Here's the email from the TX branch that is now making the rounds. Again..this has all just put such a bad taste in my mouth that I may not even vote this year. Our voting process is a total sham.

Attention All Texas Republicans and Independents!!

On March 4th, Texas Republicans and Independents will have an opportunity to end Hillary Clinton's (and Bill's) presidential ambitions once and for all!

Since Texas has on open primary, Republicans and Independents should sign in at their polling place and request a Democratic ballot. They should then vote for Barack Obama. Even James Carville admits that if Hillary loses Texas, "she's done!" Republicans can help make this a reality!!! Just think, no more Clintons in the White House!

Voting Democratic this one time will have NO effect on your ability to vote in the next Republican primary or obviously on your vote in November. Since John McCain has the Republican nomination locked up, voting for McCain or Huckabee at this point will have no effect on the outcome on the Republican side.

After you vote during early voting or on March 4th, you ARE NOT done! Report back to your regular polling place at 7PM on March 4th to sign the Barack Obama list for caucus delegates. In a little known Texas voting quirk, 67 delegates to the Democratic convention will be seated because of these caucuses. This is a full one-third of the total number of Texas delegates. For Hillary to lose, she has to lose the primary votes AND the caucus votes. I urge you to vote against Hillary Clinton by voting for Barack Obama.

Please forward this e-mail to all your Republican and Independent friends so that we can help ensure the Clinton's defeat on March 4th!!!
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Republicans for Obama

Aside the from obvious poor gamesmanship that this letter advocates...

Personally, I find the advice in the email to be procedurally suspect, although I concede that I don't know much about how things are done by the Dems in the primary in TX. People should keep in mind that election fraud is a federal crime. I'd really look into whether this advice does not run afoul of the law.

But, I also don't "get" the advice, anyhow. If you want the Reps to have an easier time to victory in the general election, why on earth would you prefer they face off against Obama? He seems to me to be a more formidable candidate in terms of broad electability. If you life's goal is to make Hillary Clinton suffer (?? get a life...), you can rest easily with your head on the pillow the night that she loses the nomination for the general election. She'll have been seriously injured in terms of her long-term prospects for leading the Dem party. She will have, as they say, lost her mojo.

Comment

Re: Republicans for Obama

Yes, this doesn't make an ounce of sense. My first inclination is it's a hoax.

Barack Obama poses a much more formidable candidate than Hillary Clinton because she is so deeply and personally disliked. He is a relative unknown and touting the idea that he is "change" personified.

John McCain has a chance to beat Hillary Clinton. In fact, he would. But, Barack Obama, logistically, may not be beatable by McCain.

Anyway, it's very weird. It is unethical and, well, stupid.
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
      X