Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Clinton/Obama ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton/Obama ticket

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23480254/

I didn't think this was going to be a possiblility, but it looks as though, at least Senator Clinton, is thinking of the power of a combined ticket. I, of course, would love to see her atop of that ticket, but I would be happy to have her as Veep as well.

In the end, when it shakes out, whether you support Clinton or Obama, do you think a combined ticket is the best outcome for this election for the democratic party?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Re: Clinton/Obama ticket

I'd like to see it...no matter who is...on....top.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I think it benefits Clinton much more than Obama at this point.

I don't think HRC can beat McCain without Obama. (provided she get the delegates in the first place)

Jenn

Comment

So here's a question...If Clinton is up in terms of the popular vote, but Obama clinches it by under 100 with the delegate vote...how should the superdelegates vote?

Really, with <100 delegates separating them and no chance of either of them earning the delegates at this point...what is the out here? I think that if Clinton gets it, the Obama supporters will be rightfully outraged and if Obama gets it, the Clinton supporters will also be justifiably up in arms.

Though the media would like to paint it differently, this race is basically a tie at this point. It isn't like Clinton is woefully behind but is continuing on ala Huckabee....

Comment

I think the Superdelegates have two choices, either they vote the way their constituency has voted, no matter their personal choice,

or they vote personal choice.

Either way, they're f-ed.

and they're (the DNC) going to have to figure out the FL/MI debacle, too. There's no way that they can seat the delegates as it stands since it wasn't exactly a 'real' primary in either state. But, you can't exactly disenfranchise two entire states worth of people because the National party is pissed, either.

Glad I'm not Howard Dean. or Dr. Mrs. Howard Dean, either.

Jenn

Comment

I agree, Jenn.

I don't know about Fl...neither campaigned there, there was record turnout...and she won it fair and square.

If there is a revote I think it has to be a simple revote....none of this caucus from 7-8pm only bs like we had in MN.

I personally think Fl should stand as it is because they were both equal in the amount of time they were allowed in Fl to campaign (none...even though BO's national ads were playing there at the time) and both names were on the ballot.

MI can not be anything but a re-vote...

It's not fair to disenfranchise the voters of any state based on decisions made by the republicans who forced a vote by the dems and really made this happen.

I'm fine with revote....but...like I said before....not a limited caucus.

I don't think it will come to that...but maybe I'm wrong. I have a feeling there are some serious back room talks already going on. Imagine the headache that this is for Dean. You know they all want to be focusing their efforts now on November.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
              I don't know about Fl...neither campaigned there, there was record turnout...and she won it fair and square.
              I don't know about that - she made "appearances" there, but under the guise of fundraising.

I do think the FL/MI thing is one big CF'ing nightmare. I'd like to think the superdelegates will have enough sense to follow the popular vote. The idea that a chosen few would determine our nominee is ... well ... as upsetting as the idea that a court of 9 would determine our president. :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
                I don't know about that - she made "appearances" there, but under the guise of fundraising.

I do think the FL/MI thing is one big CF'ing nightmare. I'd like to think the superdelegates will have enough sense to follow the popular vote. The idea that a chosen few would determine our nominee is ... well ... as upsetting as the idea that a court of 9 would determine our president. :huh:
                Obama made his appearances there too, not to mention his convenient national TV ad that was running at the time...so that's a non-issue for me.

If the superdelegates follow the popular vote though, Jenn, that might mean that they follow Clinton...

Comment

If the superdelegates follow the popular vote though, Jenn, that might mean that they follow Clinton...
                  I really am fine with that. I just don't want a select few deciding for all of us.

Comment

Actually, I am too...and w/o FL and MI Obama leads in the popular vote....I would accept the results even w/o FL and MI (despite the fact that I think the party screwed over their voters!)

Comment

Does it bother anyone though that it was the republicans who changed the date for the election and that the dems were kind of strongarmed into accepting the change? The voters in the states actually had no choice at all.

I think a revote in both cases would be fair..and since BO tends to remove almost all leads by Clinton (and even surpasses her) when he campaigns it seems like it is to his advantage to do this too..no one can cry fowl then at the end of it all.

Comment

Well, according to everything here, the reality is the Obama took Texas with the caucus votes included- he 'took' Texas by 3 net delegates. (big whoop)

I hope they stop trying to dig up dirt on each other and just focus on what's important.

I mean it's a fine line Hillary is walking when bringing up unsavory contributors/acquaintances...

Jenn

Comment

He only took TX in the part where people who already voted got to vote again. To me that seems so weird. She won the primary, but the folks who showed up a second time put him over the top....It doesn't matter to me.

I agree about the dirt and I think she IS walking a fine line...particularly with some of the McCain comments and dismissals of Obama. Yes, I know she has shared a long friendship with McCain and it's great that she doesn't want to stab him in the back, but she's looking like a bit of an idiot sucking up to him.

Comment

Working...
                          X