Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Freaking Elliot Spitzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freaking Elliot Spitzer

I'm just so disappointed.

Re: Freaking Elliot Spitzer

I'm so jaded now that all I could muster was curiousity about what $4300 bucks an hour buys you. I mean.....$4300?? Wow.

I'm sure he thought it bought you privacy. Fool.

Once again, I felt mostly for the poor wife standing behind him. Just once, I'd like to see a politico's wife hit him on the head with a frying pan during one of these press conferences.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Aside from all moral questions...what was he thinking???

"This sounds like a GREAT idea! Especially since I'm a governor!"
      "Noone's ever been caught doing this before..."
      "Noone will ever find out!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
        Once again, I felt mostly for the poor wife standing behind him. Just once, I'd like to see a politico's wife hit him on the head with a frying pan during one of these press conferences.
        Amen to that. If she chooses to work through this for the sake of her marriage that is totally her choice. But in the interim, there is no reason that she needs to be trotted out like some show pony for his benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
          Originally posted by Sheherezade
          Amen to that. If she chooses to work through this for the sake of her marriage that is totally her choice. But in the interim, there is no reason that she needs to be trotted out like some show pony for his benefit.
          Agree with you both.

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
            there is no reason that she needs to be trotted out like some show pony for his benefit.
            That is exactly what she looked like. I felt sorry for her, too. He looked like he was giving a poorly rehearsed high school speech. No trace of regret in his voice.

Comment

I was thinking maybe she did it for her children to show some sort of united front. Spitzer hasn't just let down his wife, but his whole family. The kids are losing any semblance of a family here, and need to feel secure.
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I have to agree with Alison. I feel very sad for his wife but even more sad for his daughters. He has 3 teenage daughters. . .I can't imagine how they must feel right now and how this will affect their future relationships.

Comment

Yup, completely agree. It was very interesting to read comments on the NYTimes webpage. The reaction of those outside of NY was very different than NYorkers'.

Comment

I hope she took a good swing with the cast iron skilet in the privacy of their home. What an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                      Okay, on the bright side, I had a great listen on the ride to work this morning. WPLR was covering it and had a long discussion on what the difference is between a $1000 hooker and a $4000 hooker. It was a great call-in topic that included things like number of teeth, whether you can take one to dinner and look like you're on a date and not just feedin' a ho, one comes with a jungle gym and is better looking, and my favorite difference between the high end and low end? Two weeks of antibiotics.
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

and apparently the tryst took place in DC. um, would it not occur to you, that the land of Watergate, "the bitch framed me" and the Mayflower Madam, might NOT be the greatest place to hire your $4300 hooker? Perhaps since the FBI is right there?

Idiot. She needs to hit him with more that just a frying pan.

Ah, the ego of the politico.

Jenn

Comment

Well, at least in NJ our Governor stayed with his lover after the scandal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Besides wondering what $4300 buys you (or maybe I don't want to know), I'm wondering how you explain those chunks of money missing?

Honey, did you transfer that $4300 to the kids college accounts? Yes, dear...

Comment

I'm not blaming Ms. Spitzer for "standing by her man" because I assume she desperately wants to create peace for the sake of the kids. Many publicly cuckolded women have done this sort of thing because they view it as the easiest route for the kids and elder generation.

Still, don't kids eventually wonder: "Why the hell didn't you stand up for yourself?" Perhaps this silent acquiesence may be equally damaging to their psyches. While I don't advocate the all-out guerilla warfare and public rejection as an appropriate response either, I just wonder if these women are deluding themselves that providing a "united front" will make it easier on the kids in the long run.

For the record, I hope this post isn't construed as judgmental towards Ms. Spitzer. She is the victim and was/is faced with damn hard choices. I just wonder why an alternative public acknowledgment of spousal wrongdoing isn't more common? :huh:

Kelly
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X