Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

3 NYC officers cleared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 NYC officers cleared

I just don't understand how an officer that shoots unarmed men 31 times (which means he took time to reload) was not convicted of a crime. How is that not 'excessive force'. Even IF they truly initially believed the men had a weapon - somewhere in the barrage of 50 bullets you'd think they'd have realized they weren't being shot back at.

If NYC manages to keep the peace tonight - I'll be amazed.

Re: 3 NYC officers cleared

I was at the very least expecting a guilty verdict for the one that shot 31 times!!! Apparently the the Feds will be looking into the case to see if there were any civil rights violations.
    I bet there will be some major payout in the wrongful death suit, that has been filed!

Comment

I agree, very surprising. I heard on NPR that Jessie Jackson walked out when the ruling was given, without saying a word. They said he wanted to peacefully protest and work on other ways to sue for racial discrimination. Seems like Jessie Jackson is maturing some as he gets older, I was surprised he remained silent. Really it's quite unreal to me, they were wrong, they should be punished for excess shooting. This to me totally goes against the arguement that just because people are given training, that makes them 100% responsible when they use their guns - obviously not so for everyone. I'm for gun control, and for cops being made to be responsible for their behavior. I hope this gets thrown back in court, some kind of disciplinary action should be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Color_Me_Sulky
        I hope this gets thrown back in court, some kind of disciplinary action should be taken.
        oh - it's going back in court. there is a huge civil suit in the works, and the possiblity of federal charges for civil rights violations.

i just think it's insane. if one guy shot 31 times, that means he stopped & reloaded. HOW can he not have noticed that bullets were not flying by his head, none of his partners had been shot, etc. ?? it's just BULL.

Comment

[Deleted. Just changed my mind about getting into this thread... Maybe it's the preggo hormones. I'm just not in the Debate mood! ]

Comment

Working...
          X