Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rev Wright just....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rev Wright just....

OM Gosh!! I am DYING LAUGHING HERE!! Chris Wallace, who's commentating on FoxNews re: Obama's comments today...just said (I'm paraphrasing, but it's pretty close): "Hey, at least one good thing came from all this for Obama...nobody's claiming he's a Muslim anymore!" Well, that's true--that rumor has been put to rest.

Who would have thought he'd get more static about what type of Christian church he attended than the rumors that he's really a Muslim?

Comment

Well, it sounds like Obama himself was really disturbed by Wright's words

"the man I saw yesterday is not the man I met 20 years ago"

"What Rev. Wright said yesterday directly contradicts everything that I have done during my life. It contradicts how I was raised and the setting in which I was raised. It contradicts my decisions to pursue a career of public service. It contradicts the issues that I have worked on politically. It contradicts what I've said in my books, it contradicts what I said in my convention speech of 2004. it contradicts what I've try to say on this campaign trail. What I tried to do in Philadelphia was provide a context or the contradictions and complexities of race in America, of which Rev. Wright is a part, and we're all a part. But there wasn't anything constructive out of yesterday. All it was, was a bunch of rants that aren't grounded in truth. And I can't construct something positive out of that."

"it was a show of disrespect to me and what we have tried to do in this campaign."

"What particularly angered me was his suggestion somehow that my previous denunciation of his remarks were somehow political posturing," said Obama, who added that Wright had shown "little regard for me" and seemed more concerned with "taking center stage."

and he expressed outrage at the suggestion that the US might be responsible for the spread of HIV in the black communities.
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Well I'm going for option "B" in my conspiracy theories now. This is a very clever plan to jettison Wright from the Obama world before the McCain and Republican interest groups start digging in to that story for attack ads and speeches. New pastor at the church, Wright is retired.....so Obama can keep the Trinity connection. Wright goes completely off the rails on the race issue at a public event demanding justice - and Obama sweeps in with a charge that this is "old thinking" and he's....moving on from that. They've broken up. *sob*

*rubs hand together and cackles*

Brilliant.

Let's see how it plays in a month or two.

I miss The West Wing.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

*rubs hand together and cackles*

Brilliant.

Let's see how it plays in a month or two.

I miss The West Wing.

oohh Angie, speaking of political dramas, there is an HBO original movie premier this weekend! It might just provide you with a Westwing-ish fix!!!

http://www.hbo.com/events/recount/index ... hbo6_image

Comment

Angie, you are hillarious!
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade
              I miss The West Wing.
              oh boy - me too. i have 6 seasons on DVD, and I tend to pop them in whenever I'm doing a lot of baking or cleaning. the theme music just keeps me going.

Comment

The Rev. Wright thing reminds me of Primary Colors or something. Wasn't there some political movie where someone paid someone to say something bad or throw a monkey wrench in a political campaign. My dad's a pastor so I hate to admit it, but SOME black pastors are just plain shady. A lot of them just became pastors because that was the only way a black man could have position and power in America a ala Rev. King. They are a dying relic and they know it. The Bible says they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth. The book of Jude is very clear about being wary of false teachers and how to determine if you are around one. I hope more people become prudent enough in the Word of God to know who is real and who is fake. And by real I am not talking about going to church everyday, straight laced folks, because the Bible says that you will know if they are Christians by their love. Real, fake these terms are a matter of diction. Evangelical is the PC term for real Christians these days, but even then I am not sure if some Evangelicals are simply power hungry fakes. In any case I am just going to run my race and let God take care of the rest

Comment

Working...
                X