Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Springfield: The Suck-Ratings Cometh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield: The Suck-Ratings Cometh

Springfield, VA.

Anyone who has driven down 95 into VA has unwittingly driven through Springfield, aka "The Mixing Bowl". You know where 495, 95, Route 1 and several local roads all come together at once? That's Springfield.

AND once you're off the highways- it's not a town, it's not incorporated- it's just a bunch of townhouse developments masquerading as "colonials".

U.G.L.Y.

Jenn

Re: Springfield: The Suck-Ratings Cometh

Hey now on the Oregonians! I haven't been to Springfield OR but since it is so close to Eugene, I'm going to guess it isn't a total suckfest. Underpay a bill? No way, that is bad karma. Good thing it is likely full of Prius-driving, organic-eating, meditating pacifists otherwise you'd have to watch your back!

I lived in Colorado for years and never knew of the Springfiled, CO. My vote goes to Springfield CO as being the suckiest since the rattlesnake population surely outnumbers the human population.

Comment

I have studiously avoided Northern Virginia for most of my life. I know they changed it all up but I lost YEARS of my life sitting in that traffic nightmare. Seriously, once on the way to Charlotte, my friend and I sat for six hours to go 10 miles. That bad.

and there's nothing else redeeming there, either.

J.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily
        Springfield VT ranks dead last in suckitude purely because that was voted as the hometown of the Simpsons. Not the crappy, homicidal Simpson, but the yellow pill-headed ones.
        Voted by whom?? They can vote all they want, that doesn't make it true. :tsk: The Simpsons' hometown is intentionally vague, and people who try to nail it down need to get with the joke!

Springfield, Mass., is a pit, yet because of their pathology program I find myself in repeated danger of moving there.

Springfield Ill. has some cool Abe Lincoln tourist stuff, which I hear they've actually upgraded quite a bit since the last time I was there. Like most Illinois natives, I was raised to believe the Lincoln is practically a relative. I should take a picture of the baby in her Lincoln pajamas.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Disclaimer: I'm only familiar with Springfield, Ohio. Still I'm persuaded to declare the Ohio one to be at least in the running. If you were to read an article on the affects on a community due to the decline in America's manufacturing sector, surely Springfield and all its grittiness would be an illustrative example.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Annie & I can vouch for the Dr. Seuss Museum in Springfield, MA - that's about it though.

I think I've been to Springfield, MO and I believe their highlight is their Bass Pro Shop.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I lived in Springfield, Ill. I'll vote for that. It was right next to Chatam (sp?) and the big event there each year was the annual cow chip throwing competition.

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by Lily
                Originally posted by Auspicious
                I should take a picture of the baby in her Lincoln pajamas.
                Do they come with a beard and stovepipe hat? Because that would be AWESOME.
                That would be awesome. She might pull the beard off, though, so maybe I should just use a sharpie for that part.

(poor innocent baby playing on the floor, just stopped and gave me a big smile and a screwed-up wave, has no idea I'm picturing her with a sharpie beard . . .)
                Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I have been to Springfield IL and Springfield MO and they are typical midwestern small cities.....nothing wrong with them. I have never been to Springfield LA but I would be wary of it.....just a feeling I have.

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                  X