Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who's watching the debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's watching the debate?

Originally posted by Sheherezade
    I was surprised (and frankly horrified and disturbed) that CNN's post debate commentary criticized Obama for doing so asking people if he seemed too "wonkish or professorial". I honestly think we are headed for a cultural revolution some times. As a duel Ph.D family, I keep waiting for the truck to pull up and take us "troublemaker eggheads" off somewhere. :huh:
    Yes, I have never understood this desire to elect the "common man" (woman) as our president!

I want the most knowledgeable, educated, experienced person we can find. And if that person happened to make some money as a result, isn't that a positive trait? On the other hand, I can see how a disadvantaged upbringing would inform a candidate's agenda.
    Sorry -

Comment

North Koreans are 3" shorter than South Koreans. :anyolne:
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
        North Koreans are 3" shorter than South Koreans. :anyolne:
        I understood what he was trying to say, but what silly way to say it!!!
        Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
        "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

I thought McCain was referring to the incredible starvation and malnutrition in North Korea due to their leader's policies (such as feed the army and starve everyone else). :huh: I guess people who aren't aware of that situation wouldn't realize what he was referencing.
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
            I thought McCain was referring to the incredible starvation and malnutrition in North Korea due to their leader's policies (such as feed the army and starve everyone else). :huh: I guess people who aren't aware of that situation wouldn't realize what he was referencing.
            I'm aware of the situation, but thought McCain's delivery of that line was just so comical.

Comment

ITA. It was definitely a case of "well...we know what you mean". When you are looking to tear someone down, these are easy hits. I think Biden gets that a lot. I did know what McCain meant as well.

North Korea - in general - is not a good source for laughs.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I'll be voting for "that one" in November, my friends.

Have any of you seen this? http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008 ... our-sizes/

Comment

Working...
                X