Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New bailout passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bailout passes

The new bailout has passed, this one almost sounds worse then the first, there is a whole bunch of "pork" attached to it. :huh:

I'm looking for a description of it...
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Re: New bailout passes

Here is one analysis of the new bill from NPR:

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/disp ... /pascrell/

Comment

Yeah....the riders on this bill are classic politics as usual. I'm kind of disgusted that this bill passed when the other - with nearly identical terms on the actual bailout- failed. Apparently, we like to rail against pet projects but that's what gets the job done. :huh:

I wish it had passed without new tax-cut extension riders - with the legislators that changed their vote saying that the economy was tanking and they HAD to do it.

OR

I wish they had dumped it again because of all the extras and made it get re-written.

As it is, we ended up spending MORE and re-affirming that Washington "business as usual" is the method of choice to get things done.

Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Although, if they're able to dump the AMT for most of us, that's a good thing.

Jenn

Comment

I am just disgusted with this whole mess. I think this will go down in history along with the Patriot Act - something that could only happen when people panic.

But, with the new change in accounting rules, I think I will choose to have my 401k valued at $5,000,000 because I feel like someday my wise investments will be worth that. Yay, I'm rich!
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by oceanchild
            Originally posted by Sheherezade
            Yeah....the riders on this bill are classic politics as usual. I'm kind of disgusted that this bill passed when the other - with nearly identical terms on the actual bailout- failed. Apparently, we like to rail against pet projects but that's what gets the job done. :huh:

I wish it had passed without new tax-cut extension riders - with the legislators that changed their vote saying that the economy was tanking and they HAD to do it.

OR

I wish they had dumped it again because of all the extras and made it get re-written.

As it is, we ended up spending MORE and re-affirming that Washington "business as usual" is the method of choice to get things done.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. On the radio this morning (possibly in the story Cheri posted above), they singled out a tax break for a manufacturer of wooden toy arrows in Oregon. Classic Christmas ornament junk. Ugh.

That arrow thing is just ridiculous.

The downside of taking more time to pass it is taking on all this crap but I guess the upside is the treasurer didn't get the three page version he asked for -- must go check this out so more.

Comment

Here is an article with some "will it affect me" FAQ's.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27011002/

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta
                I am just disgusted with this whole mess. I think this will go down in history along with the Patriot Act - something that could only happen when people panic.

But, with the new change in accounting rules, I think I will choose to have my 401k valued at $5,000,000 because I feel like someday my wise investments will be worth that. Yay, I'm rich!

That's what been holding me back from realizing my TRUE value and potential! I need to start marking to market!!

Comment

Working...
                X