Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Phew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phew

It's Over...what will we all talk about now?
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Phew

I know this is just how it works with being on the west coast, but I feel cheated. The polls (or chance to drop off the mail in ballot) haven't even closed! I think...I'm pretty sure it is 8p here.

We can talk about what color I am going to paint my dining room. It's driving me crazy. And anyone who has the misfortune to come by the house.

Comment

I know a couple of my favorite shows are going to be a lot less interesting. The first ones that come to mind are Real Time with Bill Maher, The View, Colbert Report and The Daily Show. Geez, looks like I'm going to have some extra DVR space for a change!
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm going to enjoy REGULAR commercials!
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm going to need an intervention. oh, but my husband just through out a NEW and DIFFERENT fellowship option. so, bottom line- there's always medicine.

Jenn

Comment

The View will be much less interesting. We can build a Fantasy Cabinet for Jan 20th!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
              Perhaps the fact that Obama has proposed to raise the FICA threshold from $90K to $150K on everyone (meaning more taxes). And that Pelosi and Reed strongly support, and have been pushing over the past six weeks, to revamp the 401(k) rules to make gains in 401(k) investments taxable. (If that happens one of the primary reasons to participate in a 401(k) will be taken away). And that Obama wants to make capital gains taxable at 20%. Or that Obama's tax plan will raise taxes on small businesses. US futures are down this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
                Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                Perhaps the fact that Obama has proposed to raise the FICA threshold from $90K to $150K on everyone (meaning more taxes). And that Pelosi and Reed strongly support, and have been pushing over the past six weeks, to revamp the 401(k) rules to make gains in 401(k) investments taxable. (If that happens one of the primary reasons to participate in a 401(k) will be taken away). And that Obama wants to make capital gains taxable at 20%. Or that Obama's tax plan will raise taxes on small businesses. US futures are down this morning.
                Well...the tax issue was the deal breaker for me too, Abigail...not because I'm necessarily opposed to paying more, but because I feel like EVERYONE should contribute and that the 38% of people who don't pay a federal income tax shouldn't be getting tax rebates. Everyone should have to pay a little to meet the financial goals of this country...even if their income is so low that it puts them in a 3% tax bracket or something. I know many people who make a nice income but get every dime back come tax time...and that's not right.

Obama is our president now. His speech was brilliant...let's hope that he lives up to all that he has promised in creating "hope and change" in this country. I think there will be a lot of disappointed people though who thought that you had to earn $250k in order to have your taxes go up. Obama also made a lot of promises about tightening things up for the coal industry (a good thing, actually) but he freely admitted that electricity would become more expensive. It will be interesting to see how Obama's health care policies (if he can implement them) will affect the health care industry and physician compensation in general, etc.

I'm happy that our country is moving in a new direction. Psychologically, for the world, it was important that they see that Americans did not support the policies of W. Bush. Last night, it was as if the nation rose up and said "hell no" to "W". That was necessary.

Today is a new day...we'll see where it leads us.

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I found this re: Pelosi and 401k taxes. Is there another source for that, Abigail?
                  http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/pelosi.asp

Comment

Working...
                  X