Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I solemnly swear.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I solemnly swear.....

to drop all the politics for awhile. Gawd, I need a break from this stuff. I'm obsessed. It is unhealthy. I turned to "Pink is the new blog" for a gossip antidote - and it was ALL about Prop 8 and election news! Where's the messy celebrity divorce when we need it? Madge just isn't measuring up to TomKat - and Johnny has gotten boring. (Gorgeous still, but boring!)

Anyhoo. I'm going to try to follow my advice to my kids and stay away from political debates/pundits for awhile. Read a few trashy mysteries. Warm up my chair by the fireplace for winter. Close down my garden. Oh...and....clean my house.

It has been so intellectually stimulating to wallow in the politics in here with everyone on this board. Everyone - regardless of party - is always well informed, respectful and a fantastic example of educated discourse. I try to be fair and somewhat neutral, but obviously my own biases come in to play all the time. Those that disagree with me have always done so in a measured, well-thought-out post. I learn a lot about different views of the world and I do enjoy it. Still, there is more to life.

I'll try to stick to art therapy and the main forums for a month or two to detox.

Just wanted to sign off in here with a sincere thank you to all that "played" this election season. I love you guys!
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Re: I solemnly swear.....

*mwah*

You're just taking a rest before the cabinet picking starts in earnest.

Comment

I'm with Angie! It's time to turn to a new obsession to thread about. Let's do something brand-new, that no one has ever considered but might create some interest.

How about "when is a good time to conceive?" or "is the life of a physician's spouse/SO really worth the sacrifice?"

Comment

Made me look!
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

As Amanda would say...OMG

Why are you signing off? I love reading your well-thought out posts!!!!!

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
          X