Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Regardless of how you voted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regardless of how you voted...

These are awesome pics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZYjVL1sc7w
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Re: Regardless of how you voted...

It's just a couple of kids taken to a political rally by their parents who supported the winning candidate. And, so... :huh:
    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
    With fingernails that shine like justice
    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Is that what you saw?

I saw a little white boy sitting on his dad's shoulder's holding an obama sign...and then handing the sign to the little black boy on his dad's shoulders...and then the little black/white boys coming together.

I thought it was kind of...symbolic for something bigger than the election this year.....
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

ITA Kris!!!

Comment

Thanks for finding and sharing that, Kris.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
            It's just a couple of kids taken to a political rally by their parents who supported the winning candidate. And, so... :huh:
            Thanks for sharing the pics. Interesting thread-starter, definitely.

(I make the following comment not to suggest they weren't cool to post--you just placed the pics in "Debates," so I thought you were looking to talking about the meaning of the election. If you'd placed them somewhere else, I would not share the below-comments. I say this because don't want to look bitchy! )

I have no problem with the pics, but I wasn't really moved by them, either. I think people are really over-romanticizing the election. While Obama may be the first African-American President, the election wasn't about race for the vast majority of people. It was about the economy and the blame being place on Bush and imputed to McCain. For most caucasians (actually, most everyone) I know, they would have voted for Obama whether he was black, white, or green. They thought he was the best candidate.

Or maybe this election IS a statement on race. But the statement is, no one cares about race. It's just not a big deal to vote for one skin color over the other. We care about our pocketbooks. Now THAT is modern day America!

Comment

From my perspective, this election wasn't about race, and I hadn't expected to hear Obama address it in his acceptance speech. But it is obvious that to some people, it was a huge deal. Considering the disparities that still exist, in so many subtle forms, I can understand why this election is symbolic and offers hope as far as race is concerned.

Comment

The comment that this election was not about race is the whole POINT. YEAH for us!!!!

This is HUGE for our country -- and YES had a black man or woman won on the Republican ticket I would be JUST as excited and moved about this particular aspect of the election.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Kris.
                  I really enjoyed seeing them and I found them very moving.
                  Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Working...
                  X