Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

So, tell Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, tell Obama

http://change.gov/page/content/americanmoment

That's the link to the Obama/Biden site to tell them what you want. If you have ideas, now's the time to share them.

Of the people, by the people, for the people and all that.

I certainly plan to share my thoughts. Will Obama read them himself? Probably not, but at least I'll know that I've told them what my priorities are.

Jenn

Re: So, tell Obama

I would tell Obama that Michelle got a raw deal from the press on Election Night. There was nothing wrong with her dress. She looked lovely. (Seriously, why was everyone deriding that dress? I thought she looked slim and demure.)

I would, however, tell him that his other mate has bad hair plugs and way too much Botox.

Comment

Really? THAT's what you would tell him?

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
        ...Michelle got a raw deal from the press on Election Night. There was nothing wrong with her dress. She looked lovely.
        Ditto. I was disgusted to see that as the major headline when I logged onto Yahoo the next morning. Good grief.

Thanks for the link, Jenn. I'd like to know if/how people's responses are tallied & reported. Who is reading what people write? Yeah, I'd have some things to say!

Comment

Although I don't know how interested he'd be in the opinions of a foreigner, I'd probably tell him that I don't think protectionism and restrictions on free trade are the ways to go in this day and age. Even if one doesn't believe it's a disadvantage to keep dysfunctional and uncompetitive industries alive, the fact that other countries always respond with similar measures should indicate that it may not be the best idea in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            Really? THAT's what you would tell him?

Jenn
            Ummm...look who you're asking. Do you really want me to tell him what I think of some of his proposed policies or my concerns about them? Or note the fact that I've found him to be incredibly lacking in forthrightness about everything from his social connections to the degree of his agenda? Or that I think he is a lot of prose and little substance, and got elected by a stroke of timing luck and pied piper allure? Or that I think that he is the least qualified person to ever take the office who got in not on his merits but on the fact that people hate Bush? Why on earth would he care?

Sounds bitter and suspect, and frankly--sounds like the Secret Service might be alerted! If I had to leave him a message, I would make it general "Good luck and best wishes in your service to our country!" (a very sincere sentiment) and maybe a little fun "Your wife looked beautiful!" I see no point in explaining to him why I didn't vote for him or don't trust him, or giving him a catalogue of my concerns (on issues where he has already made it clear that we differ). I would rather send him positive vibes in this kind of format. After all, politics aside, he'll be my President and contact with his Office deserves the highest degree of respect (it's not a casual blogsite or a chatroom), even if there is little I see in common between us. So I'd just be general and polite.

If I were really pressed to leave a substantive message, I would encourage him to GET A REALLY GOOD BANKRUPTCY LAW EXPERT on his staff. His proposals (and McCain's, for that matter!!) related to bankruptcy law were kind of crackpot and showed that no one on their respective staffs had any idea how bankruptcy law works. I might recommend to him to consult perhaps Professor Nickles or Professor Elizabeth Warren, two widely acclaimed bankruptcy law experts. I know bankruptcy law sounds tremendously boring to everyone, but improving the Bankruptcy Code PROPERLY could really help with some relief to homeowners in bankruptcy. I would choose this topic not because it is the most important one to me, but it is one that I know something about and I believe that my suggestion my have legitimate merit and, if followed, could result in real help and a sounder bankruptcy law agenda coming out of the White House.

Comment

I think this is a great idea, and I'm eager to sit down and write out what I would like to see, even if the secret service does read it. It's great that he is interested in getting the policy ideas from people...he might not take me up on mine (or even read them) but I'm thankful to be asked to be a part of the process!
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

PS...I wasn't crazy about her dress...
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Abigail-

I absolutely think you should tell them your concerns. I think it's MORE important for them to hear from people who come from differing opinions. Isn't that what this journey called democracy is all about?

I think that your voice is every bit as important as anyone else's and I'd argue that Obama would feel the exactly the same. We may not all agree but hello? Everyone gets an opinion and the right to express it. Take advantage of the opportunity!

Jenn

Comment

I would ask him not to "spread the wealth around" and good luck.
                    Husband of an amazing female physician!

Comment

i would ask him to pay off my dh's med school debt while he is busy spreading around the "wealth" that my dh will be making in 1.5 yrs.
                      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                      X