Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How does this strike you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh. I've received two text messages with this stupidity and an email. I interpreted it as completely idiotic and passive/aggressively racist, but mainly because the people who sent it have made multiple racist comments that completely pissed me off in the past.

For me, it's all about context. This crap was emailed to me along with Bachman's stupid comment about how the last time we had a swine flu scare a Democrat was in office. (She was wrong, though. In '46 the prez was a Republican.) Oh, and how even though he's hiding it well, Obama really IS a big scary Muslim. <roll eyes>

I have no problem with people not being smitten with Obama, but the pulling of bullshit out of one's ass has got to stop. He wasn't my 1st choice, but I'm not going to put up with people completely making up crap because of it.

Comment

The last time there was a swine flu scare it was actually in 1976 I thought - woops! edited - under Ford (who was, indeed, Republican).

Not saying any other part of that person's crap was good or appropriate - just thought it was actually in '76 that we had the last swine flu "pending pandemic"....
      Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
      With fingernails that shine like justice
      And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

My mom and my manager at work both repeated it. I didn't think it was funny either time, but I really thought it was inappropriate for my manager to tell it... Of course, he's pretty much saying whatever crosses his mind since he's leaving in less than a month. And for the record - I'm not an Obama fan, but it seems disrespectful of the person our citizens voted to lead our country.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymoreta View Post
          And for the record - I'm not an Obama fan, but it seems disrespectful of the person our citizens voted to lead our country.
          Better said than my long response. I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
            The last time there was a swine flu scare it was actually in 1976 I thought - woops! edited - under Ford (who was, indeed, Republican).

Not saying any other part of that person's crap was good or appropriate - just thought it was actually in '76 that we had the last swine flu "pending pandemic"....

Thank you for the correction!

Comment

Working...
            X