Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Teen Pregnancy and Bristol Palin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well put. I've always qualified my "good" mistakes with "a mistake like chocolate chip cookies and penicillin." Both very fortunate mistakes.
    Agreed, 200%.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I remain confused about why she is doing this. It's like watching a traffic accident happen in slow-motion. Anyone who's a mother knows what life is going to be like for her, and also knows that--despite the cold-shower of sudden reality that she's experiencing acutely right now--she has very little insight to offer at this stage, other than: Gee, this could happen to you, too, unless you choose to be more responsible.

All I can think is: I am glad that you have a great family to support you and that you are not trying to go this alone, but...maybe...your insight and wisdom would be a little more profound in five years. Or ten. She really doesn't have much to add here, other than: if you menustrate and you have sex, you can get pregnant. Even if you live in a really cold climate and the sperm swim more slowly.

Comment

She's on the cover of People magazine in her cap & gown holding the baby.

Ummmm ... awful.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
          I remain confused about why she is doing this. It's like watching a traffic accident happen in slow-motion. Anyone who's a mother knows what life is going to be like for her, and also knows that--despite the cold-shower of sudden reality that she's experiencing acutely right now--she has very little insight to offer at this stage, other than: Gee, this could happen to you, too, unless you choose to be more responsible.

All I can think is: I am glad that you have a great family to support you and that you are not trying to go this alone, but...maybe...your insight and wisdom would be a little more profound in five years. Or ten. She really doesn't have much to add here, other than: if you menustrate and you have sex, you can get pregnant. Even if you live in a really cold climate and the sperm swim more slowly.
          Totally agree.
          Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jane View Post
            She's on the cover of People magazine in her cap & gown holding the baby.

Ummmm ... awful.
            Oh my...I'm sure there are exceptions, but it is ever good for a non-celebrity to be on the cover of People?

I do still have some admiration for her in purposefully putting herself in the public eye...but not for that. Well, good for her for graduating (but the cover of People?). I agree that her message might be more valuable a few years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by cupcake View Post
              Oh my...I'm sure there are exceptions, but it is ever good for a non-celebrity to be on the cover of People?

I do still have some admiration for her in purposefully putting herself in the public eye...but not for that. Well, good for her for graduating (but the cover of People?). I agree that her message might be more valuable a few years from now.
              The only thing I can think of would be Elizabeth Smart...who was on the cover of People (I think) after she was found...

But otherwise, totally true
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

I was thinking of Jamie Lynn on the cover with her new baby at 16. . .
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
                X