Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Six-Month Evaluation on Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six-Month Evaluation on Obama

I put this in Debates because it involves politics.

OK, I'm interested in folks' evaluation of Obama at this point--six months into his term. Granted, it's only six months in, but what do we think?

***However, I suggest this rule: anyone who posts, regardless of your politics, must post at least one positive and one negative point in your evaluation.

I'll go first:

Positive: I thought keeping Bob Gates as Secretary of Defense was a smart move, and I am glad that he is listening to the generals on the ground. He seems to know that a war can't be run by the fringe of his party. I am glad he didn't immediately withdraw from Iraq. I am glad that he is not exploiting his daughters for positive press. I think he has a good sense of humor, and I really like the real, genuine affection he has for his wife. I know that last one sounds a little superificial, but it was something I also admired in George W. Bush. Both men seem to truly, really adore their wives and see them as partners. I admire that, and I like knowing that the leader of the free world has someone with whom he can relax and be himself and probably be kept "in check" a little. Everyone needs that!

Negative: I know y'all are probably expecting me to complain about his insane, inane spending, or his liberalism on social issues. Yeah, that stuff bothers me, but I am not surprised or disappointed. I understood that's what he is about. But I never got the impression that he was genuinely ashamed of America. But that's the distinct impression I got during his "campaign of apologies" to Europe. And his speech in Cairo. He doesn't represent well why America is great. He represents well that HE is great.
    Last edited by GrayMatterWife; 07-01-2009, 07:58 PM. Reason: Edit

Ok-

Positives: Definitely the family thing- I think that's HUGE. I think it's great that he's still trying to have a regular life with his friends and family. The Washington bubble is a strong one. I like most of the decisions that he's made so far, in regards to the economy (don't love it but understand why) and the rest of the nightmares he inherited.

Negatives: While there isn't much he, "Obama the President" can do to move them along, but Pelosi and Reid are the two most ineffective and bumbling Congressional leaders that have come around in a long time. I get that Obama is stuck with them but man, I wish they'd just go away. Reid is likely to lose his seat but Pelosi will be holding on to that gavel until they carry her out. Also, I still think there needs to be a mandatory retirement age. If you're over 75, chances are you REALLY don't understand your constituents. I guess my beef isn't with Obama as much as it is with both houses of Congress, both parties, both sexes.

Comment

Working...
    X