Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is anyone else impressed with her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else impressed with her?

OK, forget Democrat/Republican stuff. Pretend that you don't know what party her husband is in, because it doesn't matter. What do you think?

I read this story and was floored. That is the woman I hope I could be if this happened to me.

http://www.style.com/vogue/feature/2...jenny-sanford/

I often ask myself what I would do in the situation that my spouse was unfaithful, and I can't say I have an answer. She comes across as very together in the article, but I can't help but wonder how she is doing off camera. It must be heart breaking to find the person you thought you knew wasn't, and how to go on from there. How do you ever really trust again? I have trouble trusting in the first place... my own issue, so to trust after that? It would take a LOT of work. I wish her the best.
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Oh now Abigail you know I think she's the new prototype for the lying cheating bastard husband.

As much as I would hate for it to happen to me, I would so want to act like she does.

Jenn

(PS- you all can rest assured that I would in no way have it together enough to be like her.)

Comment

I don't know, she seems oddly detached. Like she is talking about someone else's life. Maybe that is the politician's wife in her, she certainly is a strong woman.
        Tara
        Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
          I don't know, she seems oddly detached. Like she is talking about someone else's life. Maybe that is the politician's wife in her, she certainly is a strong woman.
          *Disclaimer* I haven't seen the interview.

However, when the sh!t has hit the fan in my life, the only way I have been able to get through it is by becoming detached from the situation. So - maybe it is a self-preservation thing instead of a politician thing.
          Kris

Comment

Originally posted by HouseofWool View Post
            *Disclaimer* I haven't seen the interview.

However, when the sh!t has hit the fan in my life, the only way I have been able to get through it is by becoming detached from the situation. So - maybe it is a self-preservation thing instead of a politician thing.
            Good point!
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna View Post
              Good point!
              Ditto. HOnestly, I am impressed with her detachment. I pretty sure the only thing I'd be detaching would be my husband's head from his body.

Or maybe that would be the wrong piece of anatomy to go after...!

Comment

She also addresses this directly when she says that she knows she seems unemotional but that it's been an emotional 6 months. I'm sure she fell apart more than once privately but doing it publicly won't get her anywhere.

She's a steel magnolia. I think she's pretty awesome.
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

She's a strong woman, I'll give her that. I'm glad she upped and left him!

What I don't like is the fact that she's likening his affair to an addiction. I feel like it gives the wrong message, it makes it ok and it's not ok. And saying that the door is open for a man who made a complete fool out of himself saying that it wasn't just a fling, he was in love with the woman (like any of us needed to hear that). Not the message you want to send to your 17 year old son!

I see that she's such a strong and independent woman and then reading that he can come back as long as he works on some things, it's disappointing.
                  Last edited by MrsC; 08-19-2009, 11:29 AM.
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

The article was great. I loved how she has handled this. What a horrible situation for anyone to go through, I hope that if I ever had to go through that, I could have her strength.
                    Brandi
                    Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X